Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

What treatment to do to clutch cover to black it out?

• Powdercoat it black

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Anodize it black

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Paint it black

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Don't be an idiot leave it the way it is!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have this MH900E clutch cover on my '06 Sport mono. As I have changed bits and pieces over the years the bike has gradually changed to a 'black look' around the engine/rearsets etc. I now think that the polished cover looks out of place and I am going to black it out to suit the bike better.

I'm just wanting some opinions on what treatment I should do to the cover to make it black. I don't want a matte black look either. I'm sure others out there have done something similar to their clutch cover over the years so all experiences/opinions welcomed.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Honestly, the contrast between the polished cover and the black side cover and the gold clutch is more compelling than blacking out the clutch cover. Visually is looks very balanced, as the polished over acts as a 'balance point' for the rest of the bike. I would leave it as is. Your bike already looks bad ass:)

My .02¢,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I have this MH900E clutch cover on my '06 Sport mono. As I have changed bits and pieces over the years the bike has gradually changed to a 'black look' around the engine/rearsets etc. I now think that the polished cover looks out of place and I am going to black it out to suit the bike better.

I'm just wanting some opinions on what treatment I should do to the cover to make it black. I don't want a matte black look either. I'm sure others out there have done something similar to their clutch cover over the years so all experiences/opinions welcomed.

Thanks.
Polish it up and then have it anodized black or you can powder coat it ...powder comes in flat, semi gloss, and gloss colors. The only thing about powder tho is the clutch material can discolor it over time whereas anodizing is less suseptable to penetration...

Muzz

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
A satin powdercoat to match the rearsets and right side cover would look good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Honestly, the contrast between the polished cover and the black side cover and the gold clutch is more compelling than blacking out the clutch cover. Visually is looks very balanced, as the polished over acts as a 'balance point' for the rest of the bike. I would leave it as is. Your bike already looks bad ass:)

My .02¢,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

+1. It has a raw industrial look to it and works very well with the rest of the bike. I know it's hard not to mod things .... I think we all have that disease. Lol but sometimes less is more.

·
Premium Member
6,918 Posts
I agree, it already looks good, leave it how it is. Nice Job.

Craig

1 - 9 of 9 Posts