Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for an offroad tire for my multi. I have a Bking that is my road bike. And I cross a few local creeks and such on my KDX as well as on my adventure bikes. Considering this Mitas E-07+ Tires - Cycle Gear but the largest tire is a 170/60.

Will this fit? Thinking that although the width is shy the higher aspect ratio may make it work with the TC.

Other options include:
Metzeler Karoo 3 Tires - Cycle Gear
Shinko 804 / 805 Big Block Adventure Touring Tires - Cycle Gear
Worried about a shinko brand- any one tried this one?

This one is a 180/55
Continental Twinduro TKC80 Dual Sport Tires - Cycle Gear

Thoughts on these tires and the way they would work on my 2010 Multi?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Not sure if a 180/55-17 will fit a OEM rim but both these are available in that size.
Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR Tires
Continental Twinduro TKC80 Dual Sport Tire (as you mentioned).

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Check out
Heidenau Tires
They may have the sizes your looking for --the tires seem to be pretty good, I have a bunch of BMW GS owners running them

·
Registered
185 Posts
Been looking for an offroad tire for my multi. I have a Bking that is my road bike. And I cross a few local creeks and such on my KDX as well as on my adventure bikes. Considering this Mitas E-07+ Tires - Cycle Gear but the largest tire is a 170/60.

Will this fit? Thinking that although the width is shy the higher aspect ratio may make it work with the TC.

Other options include:
Metzeler Karoo 3 Tires - Cycle Gear
Shinko 804 / 805 Big Block Adventure Touring Tires - Cycle Gear
Worried about a shinko brand- any one tried this one?

This one is a 180/55
Continental Twinduro TKC80 Dual Sport Tires - Cycle Gear

Thoughts on these tires and the way they would work on my 2010 Multi?
TKC-80's for max effort offroad, at expense of 1000-1500 mile rear tire life
Hidenau's work great on GS's, and much better on road than the TKC but isnt going to have the traction offroad
No experience with Shinko, but if you do triple digits regularly I'd pass on 'em

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still wanting to know if a 170/60/17 will work on the rear of my 2010 Multistrada?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts