Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rider is fine, walked away.

After he crashed, the bike straightened up and proceeded to smash directly into a not-so-distant-from-the-race-line tree.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Interesting on the different frame strengths at the neck. Obviously, the frame didnt give much as the forks broke at the bottom. Here is a pick of my buddies CR 500 after a head on collision with a sand rail at Sand Mountain, NV. Notice how the forks are pretty straight and the frame at the neck failed. He lucked out as he hit doing about 40 mph and sailed right over the sand rail. Got away with a bruise on his thigh.

Mike

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Interesting on the different frame strengths at the neck. Obviously, the frame didnt give much as the forks broke at the bottom. Here is a pick of my buddies CR 500 after a head on collision with a sand rail at Sand Mountain, NV. Notice how the forks are pretty straight and the frame at the neck failed. He lucked out as he hit doing about 40 mph and sailed right over the sand rail. Got away with a bruise on his thigh.

Mike
You sure that isn't Honda's new SmartBike?

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is heartwrenching. I feel for that guy, my ZX6R is currently sitting in my garage in a similar state. It still makes my stomach hurt. Glad he's ok.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.