Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my photo (or bike), but I was right there.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW- He had custom fork internals by GMD!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Holy Crap! That Hyper got tore up...did the rider walk away?

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
59 Posts
Is it common for fork bottoms to snap off????? Never seen that before...curious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Were those the stock bars? Although I'm not sure it would matter if it hit hard enough to break the forks. Hope he is well, sorry his stuff got torn up so bad.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rider is fine, walked away.

After he crashed, the bike straightened up and proceeded to smash directly into a not-so-distant-from-the-race-line tree.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Loudon?

And FWIW forks snapping off while not really common isn't unheard of.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Properly fcuked. Looks like a garage sale is about to occur... I got dibs on the hugger - if there's one there....

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Interesting on the different frame strengths at the neck. Obviously, the frame didnt give much as the forks broke at the bottom. Here is a pick of my buddies CR 500 after a head on collision with a sand rail at Sand Mountain, NV. Notice how the forks are pretty straight and the frame at the neck failed. He lucked out as he hit doing about 40 mph and sailed right over the sand rail. Got away with a bruise on his thigh.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
410 Posts
You sure he didn't just change his steering angle for quicker turn in? :p

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well.... If it was a tire wall I'd have guessed Nelson :D
Yeah, we have lots of new air fence (plus a lot to begin with) this year.
RRW Air Fence Fund contributed a good amount! :D

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Interesting on the different frame strengths at the neck. Obviously, the frame didnt give much as the forks broke at the bottom. Here is a pick of my buddies CR 500 after a head on collision with a sand rail at Sand Mountain, NV. Notice how the forks are pretty straight and the frame at the neck failed. He lucked out as he hit doing about 40 mph and sailed right over the sand rail. Got away with a bruise on his thigh.

Mike
You sure that isn't Honda's new SmartBike?

·
Registered
100 Posts
That is heartwrenching. I feel for that guy, my ZX6R is currently sitting in my garage in a similar state. It still makes my stomach hurt. Glad he's ok.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts