Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Holding the WD40 soaked rag on top of the chain near the sprocket and rotating the tire backwards. Don't ask why I thought this would be a good idea. The real kicker is that I did almost the exact same thing last week to my other hand while checking the belt tension on my Sportster. Just in case you were wondering, on a Harley with its belt and pulley you get more of a crushing action than the tearing you'll experience on a chain driven bike. Again, don't ask what I was thinking. :eek: Maybe I should leave the beers till after I finish the service.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hmmmm...a little Bacitracin and a bandaid should make that feel better:)

All I can say is OUCH! been there and done that .....of course beer was involved....:D

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Not lettin you near my bike :D .. .I don't want blood on it.

Bumma mate that is not nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
You didnt even give it the right finger!!!! Could have been worse....

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also been there, done that. The only difference is I was lucky enough to catch 3 fingers and they went half way around the rear sprocket before I realized what I did. It is amazing how fast you can make it go back the other way without even thinking about it. It looked like a murder scene in the garage that night from trying to shake the pain off. I did not notice the large slice across the fingers till the blood went flying.

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also been there, done that. The only difference is I was lucky enough to catch 3 fingers and they went half way around the rear sprocket before I realized what I did. It is amazing how fast you can make it go back the other way without even thinking about it. It looked like a murder scene in the garage that night from trying to shake the pain off. I did not notice the large slice across the fingers till the blood went flying.
Oooh. Yuk. I think that beats mine. Except the fact that I repeated the same exercise the week prior on a different bike.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Props to you for even posting this . We're all idiots once in a while.:D
I've come close myself.
To chomping my finger that is...I'm an idiot most of the time.

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
I've seen the aftermath pictures of people doing the same thing.....with the bike on a rear stand, in gear, and running! I will say that the pictures were not very pleasant and there were large chunks of flesh missing. I don't remember completely, but I want to say I've seen pictures of missing fingers over the years, also. I try to block images like that out of my mind.

·
Registered
611 Posts
... with the bike on a rear stand, in gear, and running...there were large chunks of flesh missing..but I want to say I've seen pictures of missing fingers over the years, also. I try to block images like that out of my mind.
I knew an ex drummer. We met when he was a drummer. He added the ex by slicing his thumb from his hand when pulling just such a stunt. I remember him everytime I notice my chain being slack, dry or dirty.

·
Premium Member
12,400 Posts
Yep Mr. Booze right along side yuh,

Soak it in cider.

My buddys missing a finger doin the same with the bike running on a stand , It was the First Kawi in Lambton County ,bought at Canadian Tire bout 40 years ago..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts