Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ~ Im running my 03 999s with leo full system with piper cross racing filters

and PCIII leo vince full system map.

How much more horse power am I getting from this set up??????

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi ~ Im running my 03 999s with leo full system with piper cross racing filters

and PCIII leo vince full system map.

How much more horse power am I getting from this set up??????
I would recommend putting it on a dyno to find out. With the dyno results, you can tune your bike.

Some people have a seat-of-the-pants dyno but I've found them to generally be out-of-calibration.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Roughly 130 - 135rwhp. If you map it properly using a better mapping system like a Nemesis, you could see upwards of 140rwhp.
That sounds about right based on the fact my 03 999S had a Termi half system with individual cylinder mapping. I was at 128+rwhp.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Also depends on what dyno and correction you use.

A buddy of mine has a stock 749 with a full system that has a 145hp dynorun.. When tested on the same dyno that mine was run on it produced 125hp SAE with correction of 1.05

My bike differs between 117 and 126 HP depending on the correction and if i choose RWHP, SAE or DIN. And that is exactly the same bike and exactly the same run, just what they choose to show on the computer.

Get my point?

But on a "normal" dyno with normal correction under normal conditions regarding temps, altitude and humidity.. Your looking at around 135 to maybe 140 hp depending on how good the map in the PC3 is and what camtiming and squish is actually at.

//amullo

·
Registered
133 Posts
Also depends on what dyno and correction you use.

A buddy of mine has a stock 749 with a full system that has a 145hp dynorun.. When tested on the same dyno that mine was run on it produced 125hp SAE with correction of 1.05

My bike differs between 117 and 126 HP depending on the correction and if i choose RWHP, SAE or DIN. And that is exactly the same bike and exactly the same run, just what they choose to show on the computer.

Get my point?

But on a "normal" dyno with normal correction under normal conditions regarding temps, altitude and humidity.. Your looking at around 135 to maybe 140 hp depending on how good the map in the PC3 is and what camtiming and squish is actually at.

//amullo
Agreed; corrections and dynos do yield different numbers but numbers are numbers. My point was to start with a given number using a calibrated standard, make adjustments/mods/changes, and make a comparison using the calibrated standard.

Seat-of-the-pants just isn't a standard that can be used to compare your bike and mine, for example.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I own an 03' 999 base, I bought it used w/ a Termignoni slipon, DP ECU and filters. I had it dynoed at 125/75...added a PCIII and that bumped it up to 130/78.
I decided to remove the Termignoni slip on for a Termi 54mm titanium full exhaust kit. I did notice a difference when I installed the exhaust only, letting the bike run off the slip on ECU and PCIII. Later I installed the ECU that came w/ the 54mm kit and what a difference that made-night and day! I was shocked how much better my bike ran w/ just the ECU change!
Haven't had it dynoed w/ the full system, that said I highly doubt I'm in the 130hp range even though it was dynoed at 130 w/ the slip on....I could be wrong but it doesn't matter, it fuels perfectly and runs great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts