Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've run Amsoil 4T 10W40, Mobil 4T 10W40 which both have HTHS above 4, and lately Silkolene ester 15W50 which is @ 5. But Amazon has a sweet price on Castrol Power RS 4T 10W50 however their PDS shows HTHS is only 3.7... think that is adequate for the crank bearings? I'm hesitant to go less than an HTHS of 4. Six liters for $42 free shipping.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found a good price on 4L jug of Spectro Platinum 4 15W50 Synthetic. Bought that instead. Group IV/V blend (PAO and Ester).

·
Premium Member
12,102 Posts
This is gonna be good!

Up Here where we have a refinery with a packaging plant (Marvalube building) ESSO Imperial Oil refinery.
where they fill many different jugs of oil with different labels (Same Oil?)
Who Knows who ESSO supplies with oils lubes.
so waiting to be schooled, pencil sharp and a clean sheet of paper for notes!

·
Registered
894 Posts
This is gonna be good!

Up Here where we have a refinery with a packaging plant (Marvalube building) ESSO Imperial Oil refinery.
where they fill many different jugs of oil with different labels (Same Oil?)
Who Knows who ESSO supplies with oils lubes.
so waiting to be schooled, pencil sharp and a clean sheet of paper for notes!
There is one like this in England too.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What's the HTHS on the Spectro?
North of 5. But I don't have an exact number. Golden Spectro, one tier below Spectro Platimum in their lineup has HTHS of 5.5. I would expect Platinum to be similar. Got the figure for Golden's HTHS from the Amsoil tests, it was one of the oils tested against Amsoil.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Figured it was worth a try at the price point. The Ducati Master Tech at my dealer likes it over Silkolene. They sell both. I plan to run it out to about 4 or 5000 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts