Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some mods to my bike and havent gotten the chance to weigh it.
So how much does you bikes weigh?
Here is a pic som you can se a little of what is done.

Bst wheel, exhaust, battery, flywheel is -26kg at least then there is that big thing for the numberplate etc.

Im happy with 160kg with oil, battery, no gas but 150kr would be very nice but i think that it will be hard to acceive.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I would love to have mine weighed in track trim.

I would suggest that you buy the track seat, you'll lose close to 7lbs! Make sure you get the bracket to secure it to the bike.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love to have mine weighed in track trim.

I would suggest that you buy the track seat, you'll lose close to 7lbs! Make sure you get the bracket to secure it to the bike.
How does the bracket look?
Im thinking of that aswell, but i really like the original rear end.
But if i dont get the number i want on the scale ill get the track plastics.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
How does the bracket look?
Im thinking of that aswell, but i really like the original rear end.
But if i dont get the number i want on the scale ill get the track plastics.

It goes through the back of the seat and screws into the 2 holes where the seat lock goes. It will also lower your seat height by a few inches.

I have Red tape over where it goes in the full bike pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It goes through the back of the seat and screws into the 2 holes where the seat lock goes. It will also lower your seat height by a few inches.

I have Red tape over where it goes in the full bike pic.
Where did you get the brackets from?
The cowl you can get from flexiglass.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fairing

After sliding my bike down the road i'd be very interested in doing this change.

Where would you get the front and rear fairings from and do they come with all the necessary fittings for a bolt on swap?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
airtech makes a full set of fiberglass track skins - including the race tail. i think their fairing is meant to go with lowers & a bellypan, check their website for details. they are good guys who make a nice product and i recommend them. i've got their race tail and one of their old-style 900ss fairings and i'm happy with both.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn.

Hasnt anybody weight their bike?

Ill have to be the first then...

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
make sure that you answer my last PN while you're at it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Weight

I weight the bike a couple of days ago with a full load of gas and arrived at 165 kg. More or less I did the same modifications as you did.
- light wheels
- small battery
- 2-1 termignioni full system
- changed most of the screws, bolts and axles with titanium ones
- magnesium covers for the engine
- light crankshaft
- light flywheel
- anti hopping clutch with carbon lining
- carillo conrods
- ergal timing belt rotors
- titanium rear brake disc

Got rid of all the unnecessary parts, and if possible changed the original heavy plastic parts with carbon fibre parts (headlamp and so on...)

So it is the sum of a all the modification, checking every part of the bike if there is a "lighter" solution which is affordable. The next step in the winter will be to change the seat cowl and tank. Personally that will be my limit and the end, because loosing further weight will than become very expensive

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I weight the bike a couple of days ago with a full load of gas and arrived at 165 kg. More or less I did the same modifications as you did.
- light wheels
- small battery
- 2-1 termignioni full system
- changed most of the screws, bolts and axles with titanium ones
- magnesium covers for the engine
- light crankshaft
- light flywheel
- anti hopping clutch with carbon lining
- carillo conrods
- ergal timing belt rotors
- titanium rear brake disc

Got rid of all the unnecessary parts, and if possible changed the original heavy plastic parts with carbon fibre parts (headlamp and so on...)

So it is the sum of a all the modification, checking every part of the bike if there is a "lighter" solution which is affordable. The next step in the winter will be to change the seat cowl and tank. Personally that will be my limit and the end, because loosing further weight will than become very expensive
-------------------------------------------------

what kinda tank are you going for?
Wow the tank takes 16 litres, that menas 149kg. thats awsome.
How much does the engine cases drop the weigt?

Lovin the bike!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts