Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about ditching my SS in favor of a Multi. Are there deals out there? I'm not looking to pay zero markup, just wondering what you guys paid in relation to MSRP.

Anyone else go from a 99-06 SS to a Multi?

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I can't say what a good deal is, I bought a demo (600 miles) back in `04, a few months after they arrived. To me a good deal is a price that makes you happy on a bike you like. I worked the price down ~$1K and healthy discount on accessories.

I went from a `93 SS to a `04 749 to an `04 Multi, I still have the 749. Compared to both the Multi is comfortable, and a riot to ride.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
DesmoNoob said:
Anyone else go from a 99-06 SS to a Multi?
I went from a 99 SS to a Multi. It took a test ride for me to really be convinced about the bike. I even like the looks of her more now too. The bike truly grows on you.
The handling will take a little bit of adjusting. There is a lot more leverage using the straight bars than using the clip ons so I had a tendency to turn to tightly and have to correct myself but I am getting used to it now. I thought my SS was comfortable and took many all day trips with her but the Multi is a little better but you do get more wind blast on the Multi (I am 6'2").
The engine is great on the Multi and there is plenty of power. It won't keep up with SBK in the straights but you will do well in turns.
Because you are sitting upright, it is easier to be on the Multi around town and in traffic than on a SS.
I am a fairly aggressive rider and the Multi makes me happy so overall I am very glad I made the switch to the Multi.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
The recent thread on Ducati sales indicates that the Multistrada is a best seller. That being the case, I would think good deals are not that plentiful. ST sales, on the other hand, are not so hot; so you might find a better deal on an ST if that bike suits you. Ducati Seattle has a black 05-ST4s (the last of the breed) which has been sitting on their showroom floor for quite some time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i payed $1,000 under msrp for a 2006 1000s :)

D

·
0 Posts
What I paid....

:) I paid the msrp for my 06 Multistrada. Which is $8495.00 .
They did let me test drive a demo which is what clenched it.
I have had a crush on Ducatis for a long time. This bike is
the one that fits me the best. I have serious back pain so
the sitting position is important. I absolutely love this bike!
It is plenty fast for me. And if I ever become dissatisfied with
the power I can do quite a few things that are available from
Ducati and others that would give me quite a few more ponies!

They also threw in the first service for free. Also a good discount on
a pair of Paniers I am not sure about the spelling but anyway
the plastic side cases or saddlebags. Like I said before I really like this
bike. I plan on keeping her for a long time and hopefully a lot of miles.

Best wishes
Damien

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got a new Multi about 4 days ago, too. I love it. I pd MSRP for the 620 Dark, which was about $7,995 plus tax of course. Then the dealership threw in a $500 gift card which I used for gloves, a jacket & a helmet.

Now if the rain would ever stop I can ride the freakin' thing :mad:

damien712 said:
:) I paid the msrp for my 06 Multistrada. Which is $8495.00 .
They did let me test drive a demo which is what clenched it.
I have had a crush on Ducatis for a long time. This bike is
the one that fits me the best. I have serious back pain so
the sitting position is important. I absolutely love this bike!
It is plenty fast for me. And if I ever become dissatisfied with
the power I can do quite a few things that are available from
Ducati and others that would give me quite a few more ponies!

They also threw in the first service for free. Also a good discount on
a pair of Paniers I am not sure about the spelling but anyway
the plastic side cases or saddlebags. Like I said before I really like this
bike. I plan on keeping her for a long time and hopefully a lot of miles.

Best wishes
Damien

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased an 05 1000DS demo about 2 weeks ago for $9,000. I also got the bags for about $567. I was quite happy with the deal. The 600 mile service had already been performed and there is a complete warranty. My assumption was that he wanted to dump it because it was a model year ( soon to be 2 model years!) old. The dealer also gets a kickback for selling a demo model.

I have not got to ride the bike a lot yet, but so far I am enjoying every minute of it. It reminds me somewhat of the 1150 GS I used to ride, only a lot lighter!

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Welcome danducati and jshep to the Multistrada fold.

jshep, if you don't mind could you fill out your profile? Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
grazi!!

And here's another day of torrential rains & my bike enjoying the inside of the garage :mad:

vduc said:
Welcome danducati and jshep to the Multistrada fold.

jshep, if you don't mind could you fill out your profile? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
danducati said:
grazi!!

And here's another day of torrential rains & my bike enjoying the inside of the garage :mad:
I know that feeling!....I may pull mine out though after my Dr appointment this afternoon to go down to see my girlfriend in NOVA...seeing as how according to reports and radar it may be tapering!

·
Registered
37 Posts
danducati said:
grazi!!

I can identify too. I am on vacation this week. My wife went to Naples(Florida, not Italy!) with some of her lady friends and I stayed home with the kids thinking I would get to ride some. Well, we seem to be stuck in a pattern of nice mornings and strong storms in the afternoon. The good news it that the pattern is going to be replaced in a couple days with sunshine...and 90 degrees and high humidity!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts