Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a '06 sport classic project...and want to swap out the wheels and go black...so thinking about selling the stock wheels to help fund the new wheels.

I have no clue what they may be worth or how in demand they are?!
The bike only has 4K miles and has been babied (I knew of the owner).

...that Zard Slip on and Stock header pipes are probably up for sale too! :)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
Those should be able to get about 1000. Easily.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, I know...they are in perfect shape. I looked into blowing them apart and powder coating them, but the cost of disassembling/assembling them makes it not worth it. ....and if I am going to spend $, may as well get a more modern wheel...

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
And do the forged 999r wheels with the conversion kit. Try to get forks and brakes off a S4R or S4RS. It a great upgrade. Hell, forged aluminum anything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hello Speedrcr

Whist number plate holder is that???

It does not look like the original one, right?

Ciaooo

Moller

·
Official Retired Person
7,489 Posts
There should be a number oh GT1000 owners around that should be interested in those wheels. I found a pair for my GT a few years ago. Great improvement. Post them in the classified section on the forum first.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
431 Posts
Also, contact JC, he may be interested or know someone who is.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know...how the bike came...want to buy it? :)

...it now looks like this (Work in Progress, plate will not stay like that)

! :)
Hello Speedrcr

Whist number plate holder is that???

It does not look like the original one, right?

Ciaooo

Moller

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, that is the plan to post there, didn't try to end round posting there, just didn't know what the price should be...so was hoping to get some thoughts around that.

There should be a number oh GT1000 owners around that should be interested in those wheels. I found a pair for my GT a few years ago. Great improvement. Post them in the classified section on the forum first.

·
Official Retired Person
7,489 Posts
I don't think $1K is out of line but I forget what exactly I paid for my pair. Be ready to entertain offers less that $1K, though not much.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I sold my spokes as soon as I put my 999 wheels on. It's such a night and day difference and I just didnt want to go through the whole low calling bike community ordeal again. I was happy to have sold them to JC, even for less than market, just becuase hes such a huge help to all of us.

·
Registered
227 Posts
spoked wheels

Just replaced my spokes for some OZ wheels for my PS... Probably going to keep em tho. Just being a fanatic and always checking classifieds and eBay it looks like you should get upwards near a grand for your wheels.
On another note....I just spent the rainy weekend watching college football and with the wheels and rotors off I was able to get a aprox. 95% of the rust off the spokes with some steel wool and a lot of elbow grease. Got the shine back on the spokes very nicely and reinforced my decision to keep em for the classic look and just to keep the OEM parts if I ever decide to go back to stock.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
As someone else said, great for a GT upgrade because they are aluminum and the GTs are not!

IMO some Sport Classic parts are quickly becoming unobtanium. So if you don't really need that money I'd box'm up for about 5 years and then move them on.

Yep I did this upgrade on my GT and did not think it would make much difference …….. it does !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts