Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at several 2007 SR4s's for sale; rode one recently at a dealer and really liked it. It has 16,000 miles; seemed to run great (they are asking $9999 and all service has been done by that dealer). I have no idea how long these go before a major rebuild. Does anyone know?

The others I am looking at have ~3000 miles and ~7500 miles respectively with various mods and are private party sales a distance from me.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am looking at several 2007 SR4s's for sale; rode one recently at a dealer and really liked it. It has 16,000 miles; seemed to run great (they are asking $9999 and all service has been done by that dealer). I have no idea how long these go before a major rebuild. Does anyone know?

The others I am looking at have ~3000 miles and ~7500 miles respectively with various mods and are private party sales a distance from me.
That's a high price for an 07 with 16K. I'd go private sale with cash in hand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I just noticed late last night that the dealer bike is now on Cycle Trader for $9500. The other 2 bikes are asking $13,000 and $12,000 respectively, both with many nice mods and clean/well maintained. I assume everyone is willign to take a little less in this market...things simply do not seem to be getting bids.

I have heard of a few Multistradas with 30,000+ miles and even a few older sport bike Duc's with 20,000+ miles, but do not have a feel for how long an engne is deigned to last on a 4V bike before dumping LOTS of $$ in it (I guess north of 20,000...).

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have heard of a few Multistradas with 30,000+ miles and even a few older sport bike Duc's with 20,000+ miles, but do not have a feel for how long an engne is deigned to last on a 4V bike before dumping LOTS of $$ in it (I guess north of 20,000...).
I rode with 2 guys in the late nineties that had over 50k miles on their 916s. The only problems they had was with the voltage regulator, which on that model was a known and frequent problem. My '95 M-900 has a few miles on it, and it still runs great.

George

Attachments

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've got an 07 S4RS I'm trying to sell for $10,000 with 6,100 miles. It has Termi slip ons and is like brand new. It's the pearl with red stripes. I don't know what it would cost to ship to CA from OH, but PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I rode with 2 guys in the late nineties that had over 50k miles on their 916s. The only problems they had was with the voltage regulator, which on that model was a known and frequent problem. My '95 M-900 has a few miles on it, and it still runs great.

George
Wow! That is some odometer George... thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
The most significant value driver of these machines is the quality of the maintenance! Not the number of miles/km.

I'd go for the machine that has its maintenance documentation up to scratch, has its red key, and key card.

Everything else is less relevant (except your own subjective interest in model of course).

·
Registered
325 Posts
The most significant value driver of these machines is the quality of the maintenance! Not the number of miles/km.

I'd go for the machine that has its maintenance documentation up to scratch, has its red key, and key card.

Everything else is less relevant (except your own subjective interest in model of course).
I do have all of the above on the bike I'm selling if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a 2007 S4Rs 3500 miles W full Arrow,Billet clutch & cover ,CRG mirrors,14t counter all keys clear title in hand if your interested loc Las Vegas NV (702)354-9272 $11,000.00

·
Registered
60 Posts

i agree. my monster is bullet proof and i am putting on the miles without worry.

the big consideration IMO is the exhaust. i didn't think the udder would bother me but it did after a while and it's $3K to get it right. the bonus is looks and you can get 126hp at the rear wheel.

15K mileage is the second maintenace, so that is done. and hopefully they put fresh BT16s on her. if this bike you are looking at has the termi kit and runs smooth, it is worth $9K from a dealer but you could squeeze more if you drive hard bargains (they probably gave the guy no more than $7K trade-in)

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just bought this '07 for $10,500... click here

Actually it should be here in two more days. My first Duc so I'm new to this board. I looked around but I only wanted a mint condition, low mileage, black one. This has only 1,338 miles and it's got the $460 carbon rear fender kit, CRG mirrors, clutch cover, etc. So I'm pretty happy about the deal I got even though I had to pay another $503 to get it shipped across the country to me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
If any motorcycle built after 1980 couldn't go more than 20,000 miles without major engine work, that company should not be in business. I absolutely expect my S4 to get at least 50k without tearing it apart. With the recommended maintenance done to it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts