Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just hit 4,000, but my bike was is the garage for three years after a wreck...its a 2008.

Ive had no reliability issues and am on my second tire rear(fronts at the wear bars). I have had a broken brake light switch and ddeveloped an exhaust leak and subsequently broke the clamp overtightening it:eek: otherwise its been a good bike(especially considering it got wrecked/repaired). Ive had other things break but they were because of the wreck(starter switch and brake lever)...

How many miles on urs and any 'issues' affecting its reliability that werent normal maintenance related or because of abuse/misuse?

I havent seen a thread like this? Maybe we can list our modifications, miles acquired and any issues w the bike?

I have K&N pod filters, a dp ecu dynotuned and reworked, a two brothers short slipon(generic, not bike specific). Ive also stripped the bike bare and rebuilt it as a monster(because it was totalled and the monster parts were way cheaper than all the hypermotard plastics, etc) using a 2006 s4rs tank and seat. Removed the subframe and built one from scratch. Added dual 4" lights up front and a buell xb flyscreen. Some random carbon fiber bits and speedymoto clutch parts...protaper 'henry reed' bars and bar end mirrors that work fantastic!

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
just hit 30k miles on my '08 1100 base model. :cool:

I just hit 4,000, but my bike was is the garage for three years after a wreck...its a 2008.

Ive had no reliability issues and am on my second tire rear(fronts at the wear bars). I have had a broken brake light switch and ddeveloped an exhaust leak and subsequently broke the clamp overtightening it:eek: otherwise its been a good bike(especially considering it got wrecked/repaired). Ive had other things break but they were because of the wreck(starter switch and brake lever)...

How many miles on urs and any 'issues' affecting its reliability that werent normal maintenance related or because of abuse/misuse?

I havent seen a thread like this? Maybe we can list our modifications, miles acquired and any issues w the bike?

I have K&N pod filters, a dp ecu dynotuned and reworked, a two brothers short slipon(generic, not bike specific). Ive also stripped the bike bare and rebuilt it as a monster(because it was totalled and the monster parts were way cheaper than all the hypermotard plastics, etc) using a 2006 s4rs tank and seat. Removed the subframe and built one from scratch. Added dual 4" lights up front and a buell xb flyscreen. Some random carbon fiber bits and speedymoto clutch parts...protaper 'henry reed' bars and bar end mirrors that work fantastic!

·
Registered
94 Posts
How many miles

LV cat delete, New rear BT 023 and 14T front at 4,700 miles.

New front BT 023 at 13,000 miles

15,200 miles on my 2010 796.

No issues.

Mike

·
Registered
5 Posts
I may be up for the low miles award. 3 months ago I found a 2008 1100s model still for sale at our local dealer with 0 miles that had never been prepped. Got a good price on it and took it home. At 300 miles I installed
Arrow full 2-1-2 exhaust system with shorty cans,
DP slip on ECU,
DP air box lid,
and PClll,
EVR ventilated clutch pressure plate & stainless spring kit
CNC Racing billet open clutch cover
Synto billet adjustable levers.
Still saving money for the stacks, pods and dyno tune.
As of now up to 800 miles and many $ with no issues.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Holy sh!t johny!!! No issues, just regular maintenance? U might get the most miles award?
i seriously doubt i get the most miles award... but thanks.

yup, regular maintenance is all that is really required on these desmo duo motors.

the easy stuff:
  • full synthetic oil and fresh oil filter every 3k miles
  • new spark plugs every 15k miles
  • check air filter and clean as required every 3k miles
  • check belts every 3k miles

and do the standard factory suggested services as required (i use the mileage schedules published in the '08 owners manual).

btw, my first ducati was a 2000 900ss ... i put 52k miles on it before i sold it when i bought the mh990e. and i know some 2 valve monster owners here in the bay area that have well over 80k on their bikes.

i figure that after all the years of engineering development, ducati has the 2 valve motors figured out by now.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
18k for me. Flogged relentlessly on the track and the local twisty stuff. Cams/ecu, stacks, LV cat elim and DDM muffler, tuned PC5, 520 conversion, QS, mupo carts and shock. Preventative maintenance is key, follow the schedule as ducati has it listed and do a thorough job.I put MBP retainers on the valves and the last time I checked them they had't moved at all. Change belts and plugs when you are supposed to, bleed brakes and clutch every once in a while or if the feeling goes bad. Clean the air filters, change the oil and filter. Normal stuff. That and resist the temptation to go big bore :D, I feel like that has saved me a little work so far.

·
Registered
136 Posts
5000 kms on 2010 796 ("leftover" from 2010, bouht it Aug/2011).
Instrument panel broke two weeks ago. I'm getting a new dash installed on friday.

And front brake started "pulsing" in low speed braking (just before stopping). I cleaned the discs with brake cleaner and it helped for 300 kms. Now it's back. Have to clean the brake pads too?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine is an '08 base 1100 and it has just shy of 46,000 kilometers. No engine mods but plenty of bolt on bling and a Zard slip on. Did a 520 chain with 14 and 43. Love this thing....I want to see it go to 100,000!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
'08 1100 base with 11,700 miles. Needs a new clutch pack and some new tires! (on my second set)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just got mine three weeks ago. 800 miles so far, runs like a champ

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just picked up an'09 1100. Currently about 7200 mi., but that's about to go way up...

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are a few threads like this one regarding long term reports. Search my posts and you'll see what to expect after 70000km. Currently I'm at 83000km. Still going strong but needs a new battery.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Mine was at 17,250 last week when it came to it's end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
1st Gen Hyper Hooligan
2,372 Posts
Bout 3 week old 796 with 350 happy miles :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
2008 1100s. DP pistons/cams, LV cat delete, Termi slip-ons, PowerCommanderV, 6.4gallon tank

Just shy of 5,000 miles. No problems other than a warped front brake rotor after a track day.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts