Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 2700 miles in my '15 DVT. I am doing a trip that will take me about 1600 miles, about 1000 will be highway. I need to zip there and back quickly. 500-600 miles of mountains while I'm there. The tires look good for now, however I won't want to push them. But, I can't imagine not getting 4500 miles out of new tires, so I think I am good to go.

Did anyone wear theirs out in less than 4500 miles?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just swapped out a front early of the wear bars. 9,000 miles

Rear was at 7,000

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got 6,600 miles out of my rear. Replaced the front at the same time, even though it still had some life in it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I swapped out my original OEM Scorpion II rear when I got a puncture around 3600 miles, I thought it was good for about another 500-700, so I replaced it.

The OEM front tire has plenty of life left, but I put on a set of Pirelli Rosso II's, which latest about 2000 miles.

I'm now on PR4's and loving them.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Riding with passenger 99% of the time and pretty agressive, here it is after 8300kms (5157 miles)

Now I have these ones Dunlop Sportsmart2 and the bike became much better.. smoother , less vibrations and even better grip. I did like the grip on the oem Pirelli

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
about 7500 front, 6000 rear.

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
About 5300 miles. Probably 1000 of "somewhat spirited riding".

Will probably do MotoAmerica at Barber (600-700 miles) and replace before heading west.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have 5000 miles on my stock tires, bought my bike brand new in mid November. Looks like my front is wearing out faster than the rear, as always the case for me, at least on my other bike. I should get at least to the first service with the stock.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angel GT D spec after 5100 miles. 90% spirited riding. Run about 38 psi.
What psi are you running?
I run 34F 38R. It sounds like I should be ok for my trip. I have always been running PR's after stock. I have been through 2s, and 3s on my air cooled MTS, and I have PR 3 trails on my GS. But I am thinking of trying the Metzler Roadtec 01 for a change.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
I run 34F 38R. It sounds like I should be ok for my trip. I have always been running PR's after stock. I have been through 2s, and 3s on my air cooled MTS, and I have PR 3 trails on my GS. But I am thinking of trying the Metzler Roadtec 01 for a change.
For what it's worth, before I got the '16 Multi and was getting ready to get out of my '13, I was considering other bikes. One was BMW K1300S. Guys over on i-BMW.com warned of the OEM tires, Metzler's, that they only tend to last around 3000 miles on the K.

·
Premium Member
4,050 Posts
I've always run Metzlers on my Tiger... and I've never gotten more than 4000 miles out of a rear. That's why I was very surprised when the Scorpion Trails ran so much farther (on a bike with 50% more power)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I got a whopping 2700 miles out of my rear on my '12, I swapped both for PR3's and am now on PR4's, well, i'll be on them again after I burn off the Q3's I used for 2 track days and some street miles.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
At 4,200 miles the stock trails were totally shot on my 2015 DVT. I switched over to the Michelin PR4s which I've used on other bikes, and loving them.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
For what it's worth, before I got the '16 Multi and was getting ready to get out of my '13, I was considering other bikes. One was BMW K1300S. Guys over on i-BMW.com warned of the OEM tires, Metzler's, that they only tend to last around 3000 miles on the K.
I've seen that in other posts, but the Roadtec 01s are new this year and designed to increase their longevity. I thought I would try them.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am at 5200, rear tire almost gone, front tire maybe 3k left. Old guy riding, hard on acceleration, easy on the brakes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe I ride too conversative because I got 11K miles on the rear tire

·
Registered
387 Posts
5300 with half of that as touring miles, then a big puncture in the rear. I probably could have got another 1000 or more out of them. On Angel GT now which I like a lot more than the Scorpion Trails, especially the front which feels more planted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just over 9k on mine. Truth be told though, I should have changed then out about 1,000 miles ago. Got caught in a rain storm the other day and was fishtailing all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts