Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many KMS or miles do you think you get out of your dry clutch plates before it's time to change?

I have no idea on my 916SP but it's not really that long.

Buying new clutch plates again...

Also, where do you buy your clutch plates? I got mine from Ducabike last time and they were fine, reasonably priced.

-badass

·
Registered
13 Posts
31,700 miles (50,000 km). All is fine. Check for air in your clutch line? My slave cylinder was leaking and had to change fluid every 2000 miles for a bit. Dealer replaced it. All is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Well, why are you replacing them? Friction materiel wear, tabs beat to death, screeching grabbing?

You can correct for two of those conditions. 10 years ago I installed a 1098 take off clutch assembly with around 100 miles on it in my ST4s. I did the quiet clutch mod at that time. No wear at all on the basket or tabs then, absolutely none now. Miles? not sure without looking at my records, but much more than 10K easily. Friction wear? I never really see any. Even after all those miles, my stack height is still within the 38 mm spec. I was going to replace it recently, however. It would occasionally do the screech grab thing, especially when in traffic. When it got bad enough, I'd pull the plates out and clean them off with brake cleaner. All would be fine for a while. It was getting to the point where my cleaning would only last a month or so. Picked up a new clutch pack, but first decided to try the lithium grease thing. All good. Been more then a month and it is still smooth, quiet and very wet clutch like in operation. I will probably never need to replace this clutch. Of course, this is street use and no slipper clutch. If you're racing or have a slipper, you can probably disregard!

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
a slipper slips, funnily enough, every time you back off the throttle. more rpm, more slip on down change. your standard non slipper only slips on take off and a bit on down change. i tend to set mine with a fare amount of slip. our roads here tend to 2nd,3rd,4th up down, up down. hammers my clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts