Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pondering after getting mine the other week how many keys are issued

I got 1 flip one which does the remote starting & 1 red one

Did they not come with 2 keys ?

Cheers

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Just pondering after getting mine the other week how many keys are issued

I got 1 flip one which does the remote starting & 1 red one

Did they not come with 2 keys ?

Cheers
My 2014 GT has 1 flip key and one red key as you stated.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah right ok. Seems a bit strange only 1 key as if it was a car you would expect 2. I also expect a replacement is a pretty penny from Ducati.

I wonder like the cars if they can allow more keys to the system & remove any that go missing ?

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Ah right ok. Seems a bit strange only 1 key as if it was a car you would expect 2. I also expect a replacement is a pretty penny from Ducati.

I wonder like the cars if they can allow more keys to the system & remove any that go missing ?
I thought the same thing...why don't you get two flippers and 1 key, seems like that's how it is with the bikes that don't use keyless start in that they get 3 keys.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The key blank is not too expensive, find them online for $6ish. Getting it copied is a whole other story- its a laser machine (very hard to find a shop with one) and $40 per in the Nor Cal bay area.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes but if you lose one you are shafted. Also whilst I'm on. Do I need to change the emergency start pin or is it set from the factory. I don't want it nicking if the pin is 0000 as standard

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yes but if you lose one you are shafted. Also whilst I'm on. Do I need to change the emergency start pin or is it set from the factory. I don't want it nicking if the pin is 0000 as standard
The pin code was unset for my bike when I took delivery. Some dealers do set them to 0000, however.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right that's my next task then to change that. No point doing all I can to make it safe then someone whacks a code in and rides off

·
Registered
468 Posts
The key blank is not too expensive, find them online for $6ish. Getting it copied is a whole other story- its a laser machine (very hard to find a shop with one) and $40 per in the Nor Cal bay area.
The locksmith just a couple of blocks from here will cut them for I wanna say $15 including the blank. I don't think they're doing it with laser, it's got circular machining marks just barely visible in the grooves.

·
Hammer Down
2019 1250 GS
1,747 Posts
Right that's my next task then to change that. No point doing all I can to make it safe then someone whacks a code in and rides off

My pin was the last 4 digits of the VIN...not sure if that's the factory option or what.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
My PIN was the dealer's street address number, so apparently there is no rhyme or reason to it all... :laugh:

·
Registered
468 Posts
My PIN was the dealer's street address number, so apparently there is no rhyme or reason to it all... :laugh:
They come from the factory as "0000". When I bought my bike, the dealer traded another dealer for it and no one remembered what that original shop set the PIN to. Wasn't zeros, the VIN, the year, any of that. After about a half hour of trying, I put in "4321", which was the winning number.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bloody pin was 0000. Pissed me off that did. Dealer should help you change that from the off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts