Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the board (don't even own a Ducati) and I noticed there are quite a few people from the Sacramento area on the board. I figured I could find out how many people live in this area, and once school gets done I could find people to show me some good roads. Right now I attend UC Davis finishing up a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and a degree in Materials Science and Engineering. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to ride (I have ridden my streetbike twice since moving up from the bay area 2 1/2 yrs ago ;( ), but I intend to do a lot of riding after graduating in June. I am not familiar with the roads, speed traps, hangouts or anything really in this area so riding with someone familiar with the area would be beneficial.

I won't have time to attend any of the Ducati meetings because of school; so if anyone wants to ride this summer let me know.
Thanks,
Rob

·
Administrator
12,689 Posts
Rob we have a GREAT group here in Sacramento and I am sure many folks (including myself) will be happy to show you some of the best roads in the US.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Welcome Rob,
There should be many opportunities to ride when the weather turns nice. Nice group of people around here. UC Berkeley Grad-Mechanical/Biomedical Engineering.

Mike

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scott, sounds great. I can't wait to get out and ride, it has been Waaaaaaay too long.

Mike, We'll have to get together and compare notes sometime. I am curious about Berkeley's ME program. I was accepted but chose to go to Davis instead. I am curious as to how they stack up (BTW, I need a good design job;) ). Where is Newcastle?

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hey Rob, Welcome. As you can see, we even have another Rob. :)

·
Registered
792 Posts
...and I'm in Sebastopol...

...only 7 miles east of Highway 1 and about 15 minutes south of Stewarts Point Skaggs Springs Road.

If you don't know about this road, look it up on MapQuest, and PLEASE don't tell anyone else about it.

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I'll second what Scott said. This is one of the best bunchs on the 'net. You are in a great starting place for a nice ride up around Lake Barryessa. Some really sweet roads, as long as you don't get trapped behind a boat. Going uphill.

If you feel like meeting some of us, keep an eye out here for word on the monthly get-together. The location tends to float around a bit but thats just because we're still looking for the perfect place.

·
=^o.o^=
380 Posts
Does it count if I was born & raised in Sacramento even if I don't live there anymore? My parents still live there, so I go there all the time. This year I promised Scott I'd take him up on his sweet offer to let me ride one of his bikes on a weekend ride with you all

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
Sacramento: Bah Humbug

I lived in Sacramento from 1973 to 1984. My wife is from Lincoln. I told her I refuse to go back and visit her relatives between May and September because it is too d**n hot! I went so far to graduate from McGeorge Law School and pass the California bar exam so I could find another job and move to some place cooler. So where was my first job after Sacramento? Phoenix!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
rcrob said:
I am new to the board (don't even own a Ducati) and I noticed there are quite a few people from the Sacramento area on the board. I figured I could find out how many people live in this area, and once school gets done I could find people to show me some good roads. Right now I attend UC Davis finishing up a degree in Mechanical Engineering, and a degree in Materials Science and Engineering. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to ride (I have ridden my streetbike twice since moving up from the bay area 2 1/2 yrs ago ;( ), but I intend to do a lot of riding after graduating in June. I am not familiar with the roads, speed traps, hangouts or anything really in this area so riding with someone familiar with the area would be beneficial.

I won't have time to attend any of the Ducati meetings because of school; so if anyone wants to ride this summer let me know.
Thanks,
Rob
Hey Rob,

Welcome:) If you have time between classes, check out this site -

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm

It is the best site I have ever seen for motorcycle roads. The are quite a few within a few miles Davis...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, I actually am familiar with pashnit.com, but I figure its more fun to ride with someone who has local knowledge. Anyway, its sort of moot right now since I don't see any free time in the near future :(.

·
Premium Member
8,737 Posts
Yeah right. However, I talked to Terry tonight and we are both getting the number paint schemes done on our bikes. I'm getting my 916 fixed up. Give me a call bud.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Welcome Rob.
There are a lot of small group rides in the summer that go out to Berryessa or through Georgetown. We try to post the rides on this forum. I hear there is a meeting planned for this Thursday...

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Moto, I'd love to make one of the meetings, unfortunately I don't have any free time right now. I am actually passing up a free dinner at Ruth Chris' Steakhouse tonight because I am so busy. I've been meaning to come check out your shop for some time, but i keep putting it on the back burner. Time constraints prety much suck! I am looking forward to summer, and some riding!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The meeting was actually on Wednesday. It was a good turn out for a last minute event. They are working on organizing a few "private" track days this year.

We are still working on our showroom and shop area. We have one side finished already. If you have time on weekends, we are here 10-3 on Saturday.

When the snow melts, we will be meeting at the shop for rides up to the foothills. Send us an email and we will put you on our contact list.

·
Registered
56 Posts
West Sac here. Other then riding back and forth to work, my riding time is pretty limited. Hopefully have more time next year as the last kid will be in school. Hopefully have a Duc by then to.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts