Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am wondering if any other R owners in Canada are curious as to how many are still on the streets of Canada? I have a 2005 749R and was told by Ducati headquarters that only 50 were imported for sale from that year into Canada. No idea how many went straight to race teams or to Sponsors and the like? As of yet, I have not saw or heard of any other 749R owners in Vancouver or the surrounding area? I asked at both the Richmond and Vancouver dealerships and no person there could remember ever working on another 749R in recent memory. Given that there were so few imported, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there would be so few in my general area. Thus, I thought I would try and see if we could start some kind of stats to find out how many are still being ridden on the streets of Canada?
So if you could share your Location, model year and designation, that would be a good start.
If anyone has anything to add on the matter, please feel free to list it. Again, this is just to start a count of the 'R' models from 2004 to 2006. No Darks or 'S' model please, just the R's. If someone wanted to start a thread on the total 749/999 models, be my guest. I am not that ambitious, just curious about the 749R's and 999R's for this thread. Thank you to anyone who replies. My last attempt did not garner any replies, so we'll see how this goes? Unknown as to how many were imported for 2004 and 2006.
I will start.

2005 749R #0363, Vancouver, British Columbia.
50 749R's imported into Canada in 2005.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Might not have much luck with this mate, there's probably only a few hundred of these bikes worldwide...

Edit: sorry! Meant to post this in your Vancouver thread!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks AD

Might not have much luck with this mate, there's probably only a few hundred of these bikes worldwide...

Thanks AD, I know there are very few. It kills me I can not find 1 other 749R owner in a city of over 2.5 million people? This bike was brought from Calgary, Alberta. Surely there has to be at least one or more here from the 04-06 run? But maybe you are right, maybe they went directly to the track or were crashed or parted out? I know of a few 999R's locally, but nothing as far as the baby R? That is why I keep trying...but hey, if nothing else, someone replied right!? More than I got for any of my other posts looking, so thanks as always AD. :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts