Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks.

Posting this in here because this battery is common for lots of Duc models.

Long story short: I wasn't aware that a power surge at our complex had blown the float charger I had on the ST2. The charger died, but the little LED kept drawing down the battery; by the time I went to ride it, it was flat. I pulled the battery (about 10 months old) and put it on the proper Del Tran battery tender. It's been more than 48 hours and the indicator on the tender remains solid red.

Any idea how long it should take to recover the battery, or has it been long enough...as I suspect...that if it was going to go green, it would have?

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey, folks.

Posting this in here because this battery is common for lots of Duc models.

Long story short: I wasn't aware that a power surge at our complex had blown the float charger I had on the ST2. The charger died, but the little LED kept drawing down the battery; by the time I went to ride it, it was flat. I pulled the battery (about 10 months old) and put it on the proper Del Tran battery tender. It's been more than 48 hours and the indicator on the tender remains solid red.

Any idea how long it should take to recover the battery, or has it been long enough...as I suspect...that if it was going to go green, it would have?

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
I killed my 1098 battery completely and the trickle charger got it running in 24h.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I killed my 1098 battery completely and the trickle charger got it running in 24h.
Kind of what I was afraid of. It's been almost four days, so it looks like I'm going battery shopping. I hate changing the battery on the ST2, it's a giant PITA.

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
Some kind of trickle chargers can't charge up flat batteries below a certain voltage. They can't provide the current surge to get it back up to nominal voltage.

Your batt should still be ok, just need to shock it back into life with a heavy duty charger. Pain that you'd have to get a new batt just for that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts