Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently traded my cruiser for a 2003 999 and im curious to see how good of a deal i got.

My cruiser was a 2002 Mean Streak that i had laid down at low speed so it was only worth about 4 grand.

The duc that i picked up had less than 4000 miles on it as well as the following mods:

-Leo Vince 5 Full exhaust
-Power commander
-Ducati's air-filter
-Custom remapping
-full set of shark skin fairings painted ducati red.
- -1 on the front sproket
-carbon fiber seat cover for the rear seat

I have also added a HID kit for the high and low beams, spliced the high and low together and put pazzo levers on it. :D

I think this was everything. The duc was on the track for about 2000 miles and i picked it up from a mechanic that took excellent care of it. It had never been laid down and had on a couple very minor scratches.

So i traded my cruiser plus 4.5K for the duc. How good of a deal did i get? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just recently traded my cruiser for a 2003 999 and im curious to see how good of a deal i got.

My cruiser was a 2002 Mean Streak that i had laid down at low speed so it was only worth about 4 grand.

The duc that i picked up had less than 4000 miles on it as well as the following mods:

-Leo Vince 5 Full exhaust
-Power commander
-Ducati's air-filter
-Custom remapping
-full set of shark skin fairings painted ducati red.
- -1 on the front sproket
-carbon fiber seat cover for the rear seat

I have also added a HID kit for the high and low beams, spliced the high and low together and put pazzo levers on it. :D

I think this was everything. The duc was on the track for about 2000 miles and i picked it up from a mechanic that took excellent care of it. It had never been laid down and had on a couple very minor scratches.

So i traded my cruiser plus 4.5K for the duc. How good of a deal did i get? :rolleyes:

Well - you have already made the trade - so it doesn't matter - you obviously thought it was worth it when you finalized the deal.

You didn't say whether you got the original plastics along with the sharkskin race plastics.

Would I have made that deal? Nope. But I am not you. Ride it and enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
So you got it for 8.5k, that seems about right. Did you get the factory fairings? It sounds pretty decent to me if you got those fairings. The exhaust is like $2500 brand new.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have all the original plastics and rear seat. In addition to that i have the track skins if i ever want to take it to the track.

For the guy that said he wouldn't have bought it...why not? What would have you paid for it? From what i could see, on ebay the 999 same year was going for about 10K completely stock.

The duc sure beats the hell out of riding a cruiser. :p

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
You did good. The full system made the deal very right. Another bonus is having the track skins. Have fun on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts