Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 748, is the stock damper good? is it a progressive damper like the Hyperpro HCS or is it like a cheap Suzuki one? I currently have a Scotts Rotory type and was tinking about buying the top tripple to mount it to the 748. Any imput on anyone that has an aftermarket damper would be great.

·
Registered
382 Posts
there has already been a thread on this topic. If this does not answer you question, you may want to search the archives more - I had to search myself to find the link...

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=4380

BTW, I think the stock damper is pretty much useless.

·
28,621 Posts
The Scotts is a helluva damper, but really it's hard to make a Duc twitchy enough to really need that much damper.

Are you racing this bike, or is it a street bike? Street, the stocker is just fine. For racing...maybe. Depends on how good - or bad - you are.

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I agree, for street use the stock damper is fine, I've never had any problems with mine. I never had a bike with a damper before and never had any real problems there either, sure the Ohlins are better and look better but I can't justify the expense, maybe if you're racing or very fast on the track? :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.