Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 St2 Blue Ducati 944cc
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering taking the advice given here and attempting to change the eprom chip in my bike anyone have suggestions or pointers on exactly how to change and where it’s located and why?

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
Hi Nick,

Not all the ST's had ECUs where you could replace the EPROM. What year is your bike.

It's helpful to add your bike's details to your signature line. You can do it though your user control panel.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick,

Not all the ST's had ECUs where you could replace the EPROM. What year is your bike.

It's helpful to add your bike's details to your signature line. You can do it though your user control panel.
Got it added it’s an older 2001 St2 944cc and it’s always had a strange pop on the decel when shifting down and I heard I may be able to change of chip it

·
Super Moderator
5,437 Posts
The pop on deceleration can be a sign of a lean mixture. How long since the last service (valve clearance adjust, throttle body sync, fuel trim adjust)? Does the bike have OEM exhaust and unmodified air box? If the cans have been switched out for aftermarket (Termi, DP, etc.) and the air box drilled, this will make it run lean too and an EPROM would be the solution.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The pop on deceleration can be a sign of a lean mixture. How long since the last service (valve clearance adjust, throttle body sync, fuel trim adjust)? Does the bike have OEM exhaust and unmodified air box? If the cans have been switched out for aftermarket (Termi, DP, etc.) and the air box drilled, this will make it run lean too and an EPROM would be the solution.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts