Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm talking about the little ones that clip onto the fuel lines. And after you take them off, how do you get them back on?

p.s 93 900ss

Thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Do you mean the little plastic ones? I'd simply replace them with standard stainless steel screw-type clamps. Leaking gas is a bad thing.

If you want to reuse the existing clamps, perhaps a circlip tool would work. (In case you don't know what I mean, it's a kind of plier that can work in either direction, to remove or replace a circlip from either the inside or the outside of a part.)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, they're little metal clamps and they seem to be much tighter than a standard hose clamp can get. They're just a compression type clip on job and I'm not sure if they are supposed to be reusable. I don't think a circlip remover would work as it's an odd shape.

·
Registered
100 Posts
cut them off, they are 1 time use only. i believe they are called ear (yes, ear, not gear) or oetiker clamps. can be had from grainger (kit p/n 4tx96 comes with jaw pincer tool and various diameter clamps)

distributed by grainger, fastenal, msc, manufactured by oetiker (germany)

linkee....... http://www.newageindustries.com/oetiker.asp

heres the kit..

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/wwg/productIndex.shtml?search_type=keyword&QueryString=4tx96+&operator=refineSearchResults&originalValue=Oetiker+Jaw+Pincers&searchIndexId=1&typeOf=&x=28&y=8

·
Obsessive/Compulsive collector
326 Posts
I wonder if those are anything like the ones on my '00 M900Sie. That one had (at least in the tank it did) a clamp that resembled the one-time use pinch clamps, but would unlatch & relatch so as to be reused. I almost did end up cutting one off, till I looked a bit closer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are probably the same thing. They look like they could be reusable, but I think bigbadass is right and that they are single use items. I undid the one on my fuel vent line but never could get it latched back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts