Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both my bar ends look like this. If that is meant to be a hex, it no longer is. Somewhere along the line it has been rounded.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remove the small plug from the other end of the bar and use a long screwdriver or other tool to drive them out from the other end. The bar end is not reusable after you do this.
There are some clever people on here. Thanks!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
905 Posts
There are some clever people on here. Thanks!
I think I asked the same question here when I removed mine :). The metal thing throws you off because it looks like it should have a fastening purpose. I think it is just there to slide if you go down on the pavement. But mine just looked like a rivet. The one you have looks like a hex fastener. You might see if it can be loosened prior to removing the bar end.

·
Registered
234 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, my original bar end caps were all plastic (part no. 872.1.015.1A) and could simply be pulled out.
Thanks for the photos! Mine are different to that. Sounds like mine are like spacey’s. I’ll drive them out like spacey did.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think I asked the same question here when I removed mine :). The metal thing throws you off because it looks like it should have a fastening purpose. I think it is just there to slide if you go down on the pavement. But mine just looked like a rivet. The one you have looks like a hex fastener. You might see if it can be loosened prior to removing the bar end.
Mine both looked like a badly worn hex. I tried a hex key but it spun and rounded anything that might have been there with the force of pushing string. I’ll drive them out like you did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts