Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me out? My fiance is riding the 749s now and I need to know how to shrink the geometry so she can ride it comfortably.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Can anyone help me out? My fiance is riding the 749s now and I need to know how to shrink the geometry so she can ride it comfortably.

Thanks
Remove the two special bolts on the sides of the seat (one each side), loosen or remove the two bolts on the underside of the seat; slide seat/tank as a unit fore or aft aligining the side bolt-holes with the coresponding holes in the subframe. The tank has two "pins" that ride in rubber bushings, and the seat has a single pin that ride in an elliptical grommet. These rubber bits may need some lube in the form of wd-40 or silicone spray to facilitate movement.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Thats one set up 749!! Ohlins suspension, radial calipers very nice! Don't forget to spary a little WD 40 or other lube into the rubber grommets that the tank pegs up front slide in and put of. These grommets reside in frame tubes welded onto the frame. Helps ease adjustment.

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Don't forget, this adjustment is only available on the monoposto (as pictured). The biposto subframe doesn't have the optional holes for shifting fore-aft position.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts