Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you go about creating a new Ducati Owners Club in an area that is in between two others?

Where I live we are a little isolated, but there are lots of Ducati owners in our town & surrounds.

I am toying with the idea to create our own North West Slopes / New England / Mid Coast, Ducati Owners Group. Not really into the meeting side of things but it would be cool to form a buying group that could pool resources of knowledge as well as a parts pool. Group rides not necessarily the aim but of course a possibility.

Anyone done this before?

Craig

·
Excel Addict
5,079 Posts
Put a pic of yourself on the wall.

Buy a kaleidoscope and look at your pic = shit loads of members in no time!

Plenty of tools:D

Richard

PS - now being serious, IMO keep it simple, no committees, rules etc. Just mates like our Friday shed beer mates that you know all too well.

Down our way some dudes set up a Facebook thingy for rides, advice etc. which apparently works well. There is some wank, but you can't help getting/letting the odd wanker on board who wants to take things far too seriously or post utter drivel or non-existent expertise.

Maybe a myth but I believe the local Facebook membership criteria have changed as "others" were purported to be using it as a guide as to where and when to try out their hairdryers.

Richard

·
Premium Member
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, helpful as usual.

Had a beer with Trev last night & guess what? #27 is doing the TB Classic next year.

Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts