Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where exactly is the measurement taken? From the ground to a fixed point on the front and rear? or on the fork tubes and rear shock piston? I have 08 standard model and want to start playing with the suspension to make at a little more compliant. Thanks.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Some of the stuff I've read talks about setting the sag as if front and rear travel is the same but the Hyper has about an inch more up front. My fork factory sag was 52mm so I backed my forks preload off one turn (to 54mm sag) but it bottomed out when I did a mono so I went one turn tighter than factory and it feels pretty nice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I tried to set the rear sag on my S and can't get it be be less than 50MM. Does anyone know that the weight specs for the ohlins shock is from the factory? I weigh about 240 and am thinking that a might need a different spring.

·
Registered
862 Posts
I was waiting for John C to say something witty. Oh well...you start at where the belt line should be and measure down over the exposed crackage to the top of the belt loop of the oversized pants. You know you have sufficient sag when you look like your diaper needs to be changed. At least that is how it appears on my 17 year old slacker neighbor.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of you are funny! Anyway, I set the sag up the other night and what a difference it made in how the bike reacts and feels. I put the front at 38mm and the rear at 35mm. It is a pretty easy process and worth the effort. thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Some of you are funny! Anyway, I set the sag up the other night and what a difference it made in how the bike reacts and feels. I put the front at 38mm and the rear at 35mm. It is a pretty easy process and worth the effort. thanks for the tips.
I'm thinking my front is still about 50mm so maybe I'll tighten it up another turn or two and try what you're playing with.

My rear is still about 37 from the factory.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I am around 33 mm rear sag and 42 mm front sag. Feels pretty good once you get the bike leveled and the compression/rebound dialed.

Out!

·
Registered
62 Posts
The new Ohlins rear spring for my weight that I ordered a few days ago came in yesterday so I installed it last night. What a easy job it was, only took a hour and a half and no special tools were needed. With the new spring in I easily set the rear sag to 31mm. I also replaced that stupid plastic adjuster ring when I had it apart with a aluminum one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts