Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to lift the front of my 03 monster 800 to take the front wheel off, what is the perscribed method? Can I put a jack under the endine to lift? Any homemade rigs? any assistance would be greatly appreciated
thanks
dan

·
Registered
429 Posts
Front Stand

I use a front fork stand, you can buy one from eBay they R about $40.00 and Up. Worth the price!

Or maybe you can roll the front of the bike on top of something high (2x4) and rigged it with some car jack (bottom of fork legs), it might work just be carefull make sure it is stable.
Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks,
actually I want to be able to pull the wheel and the forks, my bike has been in an accident and I want to be able to check the forks for straightness.
dan

·
Registered
429 Posts
You've got options

thanks,
actually I want to be able to pull the wheel and the forks, my bike has been in an accident and I want to be able to check the forks for straightness.
dan
You've two options here you can buy a front wheel stand that hook on the bottom of you triple clamp, I've just got one the other day I'm working on my fork.
Or you can check yellowducking thread on the Superbike forum he did use tiedowns and other stuff to hold he's bike up while changing he's front forks.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=54639

Regards

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Personally I now use a pitbull stand that lifts by the steering head, but with my 750SS I often jacked up the front end using a floor jack under the forward cylinder head, with the rear on a regular swingarm stand. Sounds brutal jacking by the cylinder head, but lots of us have done it with no problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would go to home depot and pick up a couple of wood screw I bolts or bicycle mounting bolts that screw into studs in the roof. Use tie downs to hang the bike from either the frame or the triple clamps. I have done this to hang the entire bike while powder coating wheels before and it worked great. You can also change the height easily with the tie down straps & only cost about $5 to $10 bucks for 4 bolts. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts