Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
"How critical is this retaining clip..."

It's not. It doesn't 'retain' anything. Only the pin passing through the caliper and pads retains them.

Reactions: mlukason

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Not sure, but I think as the pad wears down it reduces the chatter - goo on the brake piston between the pad and cylinder could do the same job better,...?

Because if the pin goes, the pads goes flying and that little clip won't stop them. For that matter, the goo won't either,...

·
Registered
7,368 Posts
You don’t need half that brake stuff anyway. Just wear thick boots.

Reactions: Wheedle

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all, I will be chattering and Fred Flinstoning at the stops!

I chamfered the leading edge of the rear pads after abrading them on concrete, then scratched up rotors with sand paper & lubed pin & back of pads.

Squeal is gone for now!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Thanks all, I will be chattering and Fred Flinstoning at the stops!

I chamfered the leading edge of the rear pads after abrading them on concrete, then scratched up rotors with sand paper & lubed pin & back of pads.

Squeal is gone for now!
If they squeal again, just coat the brake rotors and pads in household oil. Should take care of it for good. If that doesn't take care of the problem, just wait until the very last second, then stand on the brakes at speed. Squeal should go away.

?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts