Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Triumph Modern Classic forum has a sticky devoted exclusively to exhaust mods. Not really a "how to", which they have a separate forum for, but a "results" sticky with clips and pics. Any possibility we could get something similar? Since exhaust manufacturers seldom provide clips for some strange reason, it'd be a real helpful resource for anyone here wanting to explore exhaust options to be able to see and hear pics and vids from those who've switched out mufflers, whole systems, or modded the stockers.

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
The Triumph Modern Classic forum has a sticky devoted exclusively to exhaust mods. Any possibility we could get something similar?
If someone starts the thread and it get support (files, etc) it is an easy thing to stickify it. Run with it and see if others share your enthusiasm. The moderators will be happy to do the rest. :)

-don

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If someone starts the thread and it get support (files, etc) it is an easy thing to stickify it. Run with it and see if others share your enthusiasm. The moderators will be happy to do the rest. :)

-don
Sounds good Don - thanks.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SCs with Staintunes vids

Guys - here's a couple of vids I culled from other threads to help get things rolling. I'll try and find more as time permits. If you've posted an exhaust vid elsewhere and would like to put it here as well, please do so! Since pics of the different exhausts and mods are pretty plentiful elsewhere, let's try and keep this just for vids - thanks!

a clip of Caffeinated's SC1000 mono-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCWAjYST49I

RudholfHart provided this one of a stock GT1000 vs GT1000 with Staintunes:

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...staintune1.flv

And here's Nimi's GT with Staintunes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0C41VD-PNA

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this in here - a new exhuast ordinance went into effect in Boston on June 21 - $300 fine for exhausts that do not have an EPA seal on them.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma.../motorcyclists_revved_up_over_hub_noise_rule/

Similar to other town and state ordinances, I'm sure...
pulled this from the article....
that article said:
“When they rev their engines, it’s loud enough to set off car alarms,’’ he said.
Funny....I don't need to rev to get the alarms to go! They musn't be speaking of our Ducati's then...

·
Master of Bumnitude
5,133 Posts
Modified Exhaust Sound Files

These were created on a Fostex MR8 using the built in microphone

The first was taken with the mic to the side of my GT1000.

The second with the mic directly behind the bike.

The files, if reproduced on a good quality sound system with a sub woofer, are quite accurate except for a slight cut in the upper frequencies due, I think, to the microphone being set to a dynamic mic emulation setting (generally used for vocals).

-don

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check Out My Ncr Titanium Exhaust

I purchased the NCR full titanium exhaust last year and have noever regretted it! It looks, sounds, and performs like none other.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
gt exhaust modification

I went a diffrent route on drilling out the stock cans,I drilled inside the pipe itself,much cleaner look,and you cant see no unautherized holes,nice deeper tone,sounds much stronger on acceleration.thank to nimi I got a spare set of stock cans in case this dident work out,but so far so good.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 20 of 114 Posts