Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello . I have been advised to check the crank position sensor ,which i have removed and cleaned but to no avail, bike starts well from cold, but when running for 10 miles or more when switched off and left 10 mins fails to start just turns over if i apply the (choke fast start lever) it will fire after many turns and run very rough for several minutes until it seems to clear,any ideas please PS the bike performs well when running.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Replacing the temp sensor in the horizontal valve cover fixed it. The sensor in the oil screen is for the temp readout on the dash and the one in the valve cover is for the ecu fuel injection. Mine wasn't getting a reading and was starting the bike with a cold temp mixture(rich) even when hot. It would flood out but eventually start and clear itself out. Very frustrating and embarassing trying to start a hot bike. Maybe just check the connections and clean the sensor before replacing it. It is right behind the front tire and takes a lot of abuse in foul riding conditions.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Temp sensor removal

Hi - hope this helps. Attachments are the relevant page from the workshop manual and the page from the parts list which is clearer. It does not say how to do it though!

The manual says "2" is what fastens it. There also seems to be a number of O rings, which, if it is like the fuel filler assembly, might take a bit to break the seal.

Richard

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
water/air temp sensor 750 ss change

Hi thanks for that i have worked it out myself, to remove the inlet valve cover 4 allen screws and the remove the circlip from the sensor holder and pull it out then unscrew from holder and change i used bosch part no 0280130026 or equiv . i have roadtested and hot starting seems on the button so far . thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts