Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tightly Clenched...
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is off the road due to an accident so I'm commuting on my 2015 1200 Monster, not something I usually do. The car is in the hand of the insurance company so who knows how long it'll be off the road.

The problem I'm having is the Monster getting very hot in traffic, air temp is in the mid 30's (celcius) and the bike very quickly gets to 105 degrees then the fan kicks in at any set of lights.

The question: would it be as easy as changing a thermostat to get the fan to turn on at a much lower temp? Or even easier, is there a setting in the electronics that alter the threshold at which it activates?

Any tips would be appreciated, 105 blasted in your face at every set of lights is making me hate the bike...

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
sounds normal to me. fan on temp is set in the ecu. you can probably change it, but the same thing will happen, just earlier.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
Can’t you feed the fans direct from the battery and put a switch in the feed line ? You could just leave the stock wiring and run a new Wire, ground too if you had to.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts
You could also take the valve off your thermostat, leaving only the restrictive washer with a hole to slow the coolant down . You don’t want to have no restriction at all , the coolant goes through the radiator too fast and doesn’t cool sufficiently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts