Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and seen nothing really on this subject so maybe it's just me? I've had my Streetfighter for close to a year and riding at night is rather uncomfortable. I'm in Colorado and ride the canyons and somewhat open valleys and wildlife is always an issue but with my high beam on it's not much of an improvement. The scatter is ridiculous and I even get a refraction on my visor from the high beam so I use the low beam (it is adjusted correctly) mostly and slow down... I thought about masking off part of the headlight (trial and error) to cut down on the scatter. Any thoughts?

Also, I assume the low beam should go off when the high beam is on?

thanks.

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
This can happen if the wrong bulb for the reflector is being used. Take a picture of the light pattern on a wall or garage door and post it. There should be a sharp horizontal cut-off line of light.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This can happen if the wrong bulb for the reflector is being used. Take a picture of the light pattern on a wall or garage door and post it. There should be a sharp horizontal cut-off line of light.
I can do that but FWIW, it's still the stock setup.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Check to see if the bulb is seated properly in the housing, not partially dislodged or rotated. The position of the filament in relation to the reflector is critical for a good pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts