Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

There has been quite a bit of discussion about relocating the horns on our bikes.

Some like them where they are, and others delete/hide/reposition them, which I am quite in favour of, but has anyone changed to a better sounding horn?

I would like to hide mine, but I also don't think much of the cheap, tinny sound.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Jase

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
I always wanted to relocate them too, but now i have popped off the plastic chrome covers:eek:and keep it as it it is for the moment…

Lots of other things seem more important to me

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I will probably be trying one of these soon. Either behind a side panel (GT) or under the tank in the space freed up by switching to the TPO intakes. Will be sure to report back when it's done.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I use a stebel and it is great. Very loud and could be heard on the freeway no problem. It is very likely that it saved my life one particular time on 101 heading north in light traffic when a teenage girl started to merge left into me at about 75 mph.

Attached is a close up picture of how I have it mounted, using one of the oil cooler bolts.

I also use stainless safety wire to hold it in case the bolts rattle loose. This is my second stebel horn, the first one was mounted somewhere else and rattled off during a long ride even though I used red loctite...

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
does anyone have close up photos of where they attached their relocated stock horn, i saw the thread wasp put up awhile back but couldn't see exactly where people are mounting it when they do it hidden up behind the oil cooler.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I added Freeway Blasters (High and Low) to the engine casing. I think it is where the engine cowl is normally attached. Very secure, stealthy, and loud. Here is a link where you can see close pictures http://gallery.me.com/blakecb/100036 (sorry I couldn't embed them I could never get that to work).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the info and opinions. There are some great ideas there.

Pardon the pun, but I think I'm gonna have a BLAST with this.

Cheers.
Jase.

·
Registered
175 Posts
irideducs - great photos, looks like a great solution :cool:

great thread - i'll eventually get around to doing it, probably same time i do tailchop and front indicators:abduct:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Garcia, that's exactly what I'm doing now - the big tidy up. When the weather get's a bit better, we should catch up and do a ride together. It'd be great to meet up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts