Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read this topic many months ago and tried to search for it but cameout empty.

I thought I was suffering from the same problem coz I got the same batch of "faulty" stock ECU. After changing to the DP ECU (Racing Evolution) same thing happens.

What happens is the engine (I suspect ignition/electrical) cuts off while horn is pressed.

Was there a solution to this? Thanks guys

·
Registered
862 Posts
Of course there is. There is now a sticker in Italian saying to never use the horn. I am just going to bypass the ECU as I already use a horn relay and the ECU really does not need to control the horn. I am wondering if it is a memory buffer under run or something similar as it only happens if you keep your finger depressed for a few seconds or honk your horn multiple times. Maybe the horn rung does not immediately unlatch and adds a stack of commands and overwhelms the ECU?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Sorry... what? I've never heard of this. Holding down the horn for more than a second or two kills the engine????!
yes ... it's a feature/benefit that until now has remained undocumented.

the logic is, if you need to hit the horn for more than 3 seconds ... you will need to stop. by combining the two functions with the horn trigger feature, you save unneeded effort :rolleyes:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You don't need to hold it down for 3 seconds or more to have it happen. Sometimes I just give it a short burst and it kills the engine. I use my horn A LOT :D

I asked my dealer here and they said no one else has complained. Well, there's less than 10 HM registered in my country.

Has anyone brought this up with their dealers or direct to Ducati?

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
Yes, dealer level forwarded to corporate, as documented above.

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
It's not only a horn button but also an ignition cut-off switch for full throttle clutchless upshifts. The horn is there to tell everyone to get out of the way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts