Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

so I just hit 7500 miles and I did the big service. Tune up the belts, fluids on so on. Now the exhaust valve on the horizontal cylinder has 0 clearance on opening rocket and like 0.4 on the intake opening. I didn't check the closing since there is very little point at this time. Anybody experienced something like that. I double check and the piston is a TDC. It just seems odd...plus the engine spins find I would think I would have some problem with that....

thanks,

Gabe

·
Registered
605 Posts
Are you absolutely sure your at TDC on compression stroke?

Sure its possible for the valves to tighten, thats the primary reason for the check. If your at the correct position, and your opener is tight, its time to adjust. Just be sure of what you are doing.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I was worried about but the dot and the line align just fine at the crank. After reading the service manual it says you need to press the rocket arm because the spring may put some load..but why would it put any load if it is a TDC

·
Registered
605 Posts
The closing rocker is depressed to measure the closer clearance directly, or the intake clearance again to calculate the closer clearance ("loaded gap" method). If your valve moved to 0 opener clearance, its highly likely your closer is loose. Ckeck again, take your time.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The closing rocker is depressed to measure the closer clearance directly, or the intake clearance again to calculate the closer clearance ("loaded gap" method). If your valve moved to 0 opener clearance, its highly likely your closer is loose. Ckeck again, take your time.
yeah I did it last night kinda in a hurry since I was trying to get my R6 ready too......I will go over it again when I got a minute and then post again....perhaps I will PM you, will that be okay?

·
Registered
162 Posts
my engine the valve guide on the hor head was worn the retainers sliped out of position over time popped the valve head off the stem wore a flat spot in the cam ducati replaced barrel guides valves piston from the big bang
i

1 - 9 of 9 Posts