Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my headlight off today to run some new wires for phone/GPS and noticed that these hooks were eating into the coating on my throttle cable. Can someone tell me what they're for? Should the cable be running inside the hook? Can I just remove them? Could someone throw up a similar pic, so I can see how yours is setup? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
You're correct, that's where the headlight bracket is hanging on to. I assume a little grease won't hurt

·
Registered
206 Posts
The "paper clip" looking ones are wire guides, throttle, clutch and electrical wires should be routed around them; pretty much like where your arrow heads are.

Mine is abrading my throttle cable housing a little too. I noted it on my first service, dealer said they adjusted the cables to make some more room, ...I don't think so though. :(

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I just removed the paper clip and looks to be plenty of slack now. problem solved.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I noticed a similar wear pattern on the cables when I had the headlight off. Some spiral wrap and a couple of small zip ties were placed at those wear points; hopefully that will keep the wear progressing to a breach of the outer cable sheath...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts