Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a wire diagram for my ST that will show me what wires I need to splice into. Anyone ever do this? Taking my bike to the drag strip to rip off a couple passes with some buddies who talk smack.
I was wondering if I could just use the stock kill switch wires just tap into them.
Thanks
Bill

·
Registered
523 Posts
The owners manual has a really small one...they should have included a magnifying glass. And there is also one in the factory manual...also needs a magnifying glass. One of our fellow owners in the UK created color versions and posted them over on the Yahoo! ST list. If you have access, they can be found at:

Colour wiring schematics.

Bill W.

·
Registered
647 Posts
You can also find them on the Ducatiwiki.
I'm the guy who did them from the original factory diagrams. If you have any questions just ask. :)

·
Registered
523 Posts
I'm the guy who did them from the original factory diagrams. If you have any questions just ask. :)
Derek -
Sorry I didn't remember who put all that effort into them. Thanks. And I keep forgetting to check the wiki, too.
Bill W.

·
Mr Leakered
8,837 Posts
Derek,

Great work on those. It has come in very handy many times.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I need a wire diagram for my ST that will show me what wires I need to splice into. Anyone ever do this? Taking my bike to the drag strip to rip off a couple passes with some buddies who talk smack.
I was wondering if I could just use the stock kill switch wires just tap into them.
Thanks
Bill
in the harley scene guy's running "stock" bikes, drill the switch and run a key ring, with a cord atached to it, trough the hole ..........wen the cord is pulled it kills the motor.

·
Registered
998 Posts
If I remember right, it is just the red wire providing power to the ignition relay and the fuel pump relay and the light[low beam]. Hook your 2 wire switch into the red wire[4 wire connector] on the right side of the headlight housing. Should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts