Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wanted to put in my 2 cents about the stuff on Ebay. Before I get an "I told you so" I just wanna say that I did not get these fairings as my actual every day fairings. I picked em up because they seemed super cheap, I was bored-looking for a simple project and figured what the heck?

I picked up a set of the Hong Kong fairings from some guy in New Jersey/Ebay for really cheap. I got ripped off from the guy. His add was of monoposto kit and he sent me a Biposto kit! (he claimed that he just copied the add that he bought them from) They were advertised as ABS and they are actually made of very heavy very thick fiber glass and a shit ton of bondo. Also they were cracked and scratched from shipping. That being said I decided to keep them because I did not want to waste me energy fighting with this A-hole. It is a long story why I came to this descision.
Anyway on to the kit.
The kit came un drilled and it was very labor intensive to get it all straight. I had to dremel off a ton of material from the backside of the upper side fairings so that the Dzeus fasteners would engage with the anchor nuts. I had to fab a bracket at the bottom to connect the two lower side fairings as they do not overlap at the bottom like the stock fairings. I did not install the tail section as I do not have a Biposto, but it also looked like it needed a ton of work to make it fit. I will say that the quality of the paint job and the sticker kit was pretty good. with the kit finally installed the bike looks pretty good from about 8 feet away. as soon as you get close you can see all of the flaws and defects in the workmanship of these fairings. I rode those fairings for a couple of weeks and I felt guilty looking at my baby. I put my factory fairings back on and promised her that I will not make her wear that stuff again.

So in my oppinion they are good from far but far from good, and you for sure get what you pay for.

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
There ae two or threee different people selling those kits on eBay, now. I've met a local guy with one of the kits on his GSX-R600. From what I saw of his kit, it was very well painted, appeared to be made of some decent quality ABS, aligned fairly well, and he said his kit came pre-drilled and only one hole had to be notched to match his bike......I think I've heard more stories like yours instead of the local guy.

·
Registered
463 Posts
There is one selling that shows their product on a 749 or 999, they come predrilled. I was thinking about getting a set just to spice things up a bit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts