Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we did it, we went and got hitched!

Anywho, for our honeymoon, we decided to spend a week in Arkansas on the bikes.

Rode from McKinney (north of Dallas) to Mountain View on Monday. Spent the night in Mountain View Monday night and Tuesday night. Wednesday we rode down to Hot Springs. Wednesday and Thursday night we spent the night at the Majestic in Hot Springs. Thursday we spent the afternoon in a spa.

Pics from the trip can be found here: http://www.mj-garage.com/cpg/thumbnails.php?album=53

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8 Posts
congrats!!

The fellas and I are going to the ozarks in Sept. Holiday lake or something like that is where we are staying. Anywhere you were.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
congrats!.....have fun being yourselves and never settling or changing!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats from Wyoming too. Hot Springs is a neat place to visit. Lots of good riding in northeastern Ark. especially north of Interstate 40. Like Ark. highways 23 north to the neat old town of Eureka Springs, 21, 16, and 7. Then Missouri 90 east from Noel to Washburn.(in very SW corner of Mo.) Also the Talamina Scenic Drive west from Mena, Ark. on Hy1 to Talahina, OK. - The old Inn at Queen Wilhelmina State Park is a decent place to stay and dine in a setting with a great view of the Ozarks.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Congrats from the Sonoma Wine Country in CA!!May you enjoy MANY bottles of Sonoma County wine on your endeavors!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Great honeymoon idea. I try to annually rent a bike out of Dallas, riding up to Arkansas on business, then cutting across the state to see a friend in Tennessee, before returning. Have been on just about every road going and coming. Great memories, as I'm sure you have. Recall the night spent in Mountain View too.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks all!

this was our second trip through the ozarks, his third.

talamina really isn't all that IMO, only a few sections that are worth the trip, and for that, I'd rather skip it and head north, which is what we did this time around.

already planning the next one!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Congrats...may you enjoy many "miles" together.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Congratulations.

You know, I used to think that I didn't like the Senna version of the 900, but dayum that bike looks good. Maybe the brake dust on the red rims improves its looks? Or maybe it is those nice CF cans with no stickers, or the tinted windscreen. Anyway, very pretty.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks!

I'm looking at going cafe here pretty soon. Mono cowl on the rear, super short front fairing, to show off more of the motor....fairings are nice, but not in the 110+ degree texas summers....lol

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
That's great you have a partner you can ride with. One of the most enjoyable things my wife and I share together. Guess you guys have already been riding together for a while I take it...but still, there's nothing like it. Congradulations.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've been riding for a total of a hair over 2 years...he's been there since the beginning!

taught me on his 750 monster in a parking lot actually...lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
JDuc said:
I've been riding for a total of a hair over 2 years...he's been there since the beginning!

taught me on his 750 monster in a parking lot actually...lol
Congrats Jan - And from the looks of those rear tires you guys were havin' a good time! You learned alot in two years.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks!

I can't really tell how far along I'm coming in my riding skills because I have nothing to gauge against....another reason I REALLY want to get out on the track.

Monte has been riding for 22-23 years...grew up riding trials...

one question I do have, is on the pictures of his tires (you can see it ever so slightly on mine), towards the edges, on the leading edge of the grooves, there's some build up, I'm guessing that's from the tire getting hot? Not from riding wrong? I know that some funky wear patterns can crop up from impropper technique.

·
Registered
523 Posts
sfarson said:
Great honeymoon idea. I try to annually rent a bike out of Dallas, riding up to Arkansas on business, then cutting across the state to see a friend in Tennessee, before returning. Have been on just about every road going and coming. Great memories, as I'm sure you have. Recall the night spent in Mountain View too.
What do you rent and from whom? I go there on Business too from time to time, tired of Hertz... :D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Honeymoon

Congratulations! :)

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
They must be SWISS !!! LOL.....a little insider humor, that.

st2lemans said:
You WASH your bike!? On your HONEYMOON!?

Tom

·
Chilehead
6,986 Posts
bevel450 said:
They must be SWISS !!! LOL.....a little insider humor, that.
Obviously NOT! If they were, they'd be in the pictures, with the bikes, naked, and hosing each other. At least, this is my personal experience with Swiss women.

Tom

1 - 20 of 30 Posts