Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
looks like you next money pit, i mean project, ya what a project.

·
Registered
133 Posts
looks like you next money pit
Its exactly that!
Not really sure how drunk you have to be to think "lets out a Ducati engine on way-below-adequate 1980's Honda chassis"
You'll probably end up spend another $1,800 to get it together and missing parts, ....etc. And stil end up with a good engine (that was running before stripping it off) on a horrible frame, suspension, brakes and weight

·
Registered
100 Posts
Guy was thinking, "The ultimate cafe biiiiiike!!!" when he should have been thinking, "What the hell am I thiiiiiiiinking?!?"

·
Official Retired Person
7,380 Posts
So this drunk guy is standing in his garage thinking "OK, I gots these two wrecked bikes . . . ".

Then the problem happens.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
He's only selling this bike in order to fund the completion of his other awesome project....

A Ducati Monster with a CX500 engine in it! Take THAT Moto Guzzi!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,073 Posts
Oh boy does that frame look like it's going to handle well! LOL! :)

·
Premium Member
2,072 Posts
Gotta love the faux optimism of an ad that reads (despite everything I've already said) "The tires are BRAND NEW!" With the photos, the message seems to be, "Look at the Metzlers!" A tad bit desperate, for good reason.

Ron

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
That just looks like a mess of bad engineering and a recipe for disaster. There is no freaking way I'd ever ride that thing.

Best offer? I offer to haul it off to the junk yard. I think that's the best offer he's going to get.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
That makes all of my dumb-ass ideas seem like pure genius.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts