Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
honda warned the DMG....I didnt think that they would race this past season. really its to bad for roadracing in America.

·
Registered
296 Posts
IIRC the reason Honda raced in 2009 was only to run out the contracts of people already signed through 2009 (like Hodgeson, etc).

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
honda warned the DMG....I didnt think that they would race this past season. really its to bad for roadracing in America.
What was Honda's main complaint?

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
I think so too. Between the economy and DMG they're just not interested.
Them and alot of other people. I hope Hodgson gets a ride in WSBK and not with just any team.

·
Registered
336 Posts
What was Honda's main complaint?
Zemke and the CBR600RR couldn't dominate so there taking there football and going home :eek:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
last year Honda was worried about the dmg trying to create a spec class of sorts by restricting horsepower. Honda threatened then to not race. I think this might also have to do with rule changes to the fx class that ended Honda dominance.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
Honda hasn't been dominant in either class for a while so that hasn't really had a lot to do with it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Honda hasn't been dominant in either class for a while so that hasn't really had a lot to do with it.
Mongo I say this as respectfully as possible... Im not sure what you definition of "a while" is???:rolleyes:

AMA Formula Extreme champs have been...
2004 Zemke/Honda
2005 Duhamel/Honda
2006 Hayes/Honda
2007 Hayes/Honda
2008 Zemke/Honda

Spies in 2003 was the last non Honda to win the FX championship. Again 2003. I guess I would call that a while ago:think:

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
They won championships but weren't really dominant in the class. There is a difference. Look at numbers of riders on Hondas, race wins, amount of the gaps to the other bikes and such. You can say Yosh has dominated Superbike but I wouldn't call Honda's stuff domination. If Honda wanted to they could have easily fielded a competitive bike with Zemke on it again this year. There is a lot more to their decision than just rule changes.

·
Premium Member
8,752 Posts
Zemke and the CBR600RR couldn't dominate so there taking there football and going home :eek:
The Buell decision? That must have played into this.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
They won championships but weren't really dominant in the class.
I totally disagree. When a manufacture wins a class 5 years in a row that is the definition of dominating a class. Honda was the name in FX racing period.
Now the DMG has let Buell come in and upset that... You cant tell me that doesnt have some bearing on Honda's decision to move on. Im sure that Honda has a dislike possibly a distrust for Edmonson and the DMG but I doubt that would be enough to keep them out of a series that they have won 5 of the last 6 years.

·
Banned
1,152 Posts
I totally disagree. When a manufacture wins a class 5 years in a row that is the definition of dominating a class. Honda was the name in FX racing period.
Now the DMG has let Buell come in and upset that... You cant tell me that doesnt have some bearing on Honda's decision to move on. Im sure that Honda has a dislike possibly a distrust for Edmonson and the DMG but I doubt that would be enough to keep them out of a series that they have won 5 of the last 6 years.
You don't know the people involved, trust me that would be more than enough. Will it keep them out if he's actually successful? Probably not, but short term...

I don't disagree with you totally on dominance but the DSB class isn't really FX or 600SS and Zemke on his own proved they could have been competitive. The class rules weren't the reason they bailed in the beginning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts