Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Marquez's save in the tire test seemed a little "non-human" , the video shows he makes absolutely no corrections. Simon Crafar said he just seems to hold the bike up with his knee and elbow and waits for the front wheel to correct its self. He had 70 degrees of lean. ?????
Another myth that will get contorted as truth. The lean angle was when the front lost traction and the bike BEGAN TO FALL. It was lifted from the fall because of the skill he has learned to pick it up. He was not cornering at 70 degrees l, he was falling.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Giacomo Agostini raced at a time when there was romance in racing. A journalist who interviewed the Italian stallion in the late 1960s wrote that the motorcycle racer’s job was to “race and skid and crash and then make love and drink wine”.

MM strikes me as a very sober rider,... davy.j not so much!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Haha, says it all! I can just see the upgrade notification from the HRC engineers coming through on MM's phone:

"Please Marc-san, follow these commands ASAP:
  1. Open RCV Notepad window.
  2. Paste the following text into RCV Notepad:
    schtasks /run /TN "\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refresh\HRC_IMU_configandcontent"
    “reg delete DORNA_IMU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Gwx /value DisableDORNA_IMU”
  3. Click File, and then click Save As.
  4. In the File name box, change the file name to ReserveWin8HRC_RCV_latest.cmd.
Thank you Marc-san....now you can go full gas, no tyre problem!"

Seriously, 2019 was s'posed to be a watershed year when everyone was forced onto the DORNA control IMU, a shuffling of the deck as some of the perceived advantages were removed.....only the control IMU came in and MM is still handing everyone their arse.
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/897155/1/single-imu-motogp-2019

Which doesn't mean to say something isn't smelling like Snappy Tom catfood, because xracer raises a very valid observation, it just means they are much betterer gooderer at how they have fudged the system. Would we be suprised if something was to surface? Only from the perspective that these are the smartest kids in the room being pursued by a bunch of underfunded grey beards. DORNA don't really want to find anything (the ramifications would be a nightmare for ALL concerned) and the other manufacturers don't protest because it will become a game of tit for tat, and no doubt they've all stretched the boundaries in some way.

So it's situation normal: head, meet sand.

I shake my empty noggin at the idea that these bikes are unrideable without electronics. BSB has produced brilliant racing with a basic ECU on bikes that must be approaching 240hp with the V4R. If anything I feel dumber electronics forces manufacturers to produce a fundamentally better bike: hardware to improve traction and/or corner entry issues rather than tweaking the engine braking or TCS settings.

The safety issue of electronics in racing transferring to road bikes is a furphy. If they were serious 'bout "electronic safety" then ABS would be allowed: the ratio of front end losses on the street to highsides on the street must be 1000:1. It racing would be as dull as a 10year old Toyota, but at least there would be some truth to what they are saying.

And WTF is with wheelie control?! Whoever decided wheelies should be discouraged needs a slap upside the head. I thought MGP was s'posed to be a visual spectacle?

Actually I don't know what MGP is s'posed to be, it's not about building, selling or improving road bikes. KTM don't build a sportsbike and have stated there is no place for modern superbikes on todays roads and they have no plans to build one. So it's not about racing on Sunday to sell on Monday. Honda, the most dominant manufacturer of recent times build the worst superbike of the mainstream manufacturers. Kawasaki don't participate in MGP and have managed to develop one of the best. It makes my head hurt.........

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
.... yea ... I'm out.

About a month or so ago I reluctantly entered into these MGP political discussions in an attempt to join in on the conversations here in this membership. But it turns out it's all everything I presumed it was ... no different than Formula 1 and/or NASCAR. Way too much money involved. Way too much political BS (internally speaking). Way too much speculation about this-n-that. Conspiracy theories atop more conspiracy theories. And no end in sight towards any solutions. Just a lot of complaining about unfairness, with no means of actually doing anything about it. Nonesense on top of more nonsense. Endless discussions about conditions that have no solutions. In the USA we're exposed to FAR FAR too much of that already within our political differences. It totally ruins the racing for me. This is not what I engage in spectating motorcycle racing for. I think I'll just go back to happily watching M3 and M2 ... as well as other forms of motorcycle racing that have FAR less money involved (flat track, MotoAmerica, AMA Pro Motocross, et al). I'm just not into this whole international scene with so much money thrown about that it's all near utter fantasy. Same reasons I don't follow Formula 1.

I get so much more enjoyment out of watching Street Outlaws Memphis with JJ Da Boss than I do the high fallootin' cork sniffin' mega-million dollar nit pickery. I'd rather see a bunch of country boys do arm-drop street racing on public roads.

Sorry folks, I just don't fit in. Hey! ... at least I know my place in life!

:giggle:

81 - 87 of 87 Posts