Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have been having a hard time trying to decide what clutch cover and pressure plate I want t ouse on my new 996 so until I can make up my mind (which may be never) I made my own.

I took a stock clutch cover and cut out the Ducati "D" with a jigsaw and then used a dremel and hand file to clean it up a bit. When I was all done I had it powdercoated gloss black. I also cleaned up an extra stock pressure plate I had around and painted it with red brake caliper paint and added some stainless springs and gold caps from one of my previous bikes.

Here's some pics. Tel me what you guys think.

Before.......

After.......

·
Registered
277 Posts
looking good !!!

Migrane

·
9,757 Posts
Looks alright, but structurally it won't do much to save your clutch in a tipover. The stock clutch cover is pretty weak as it stands, cutting out its center isn't advisable.

Here's the same sorta idea from motowheels, and it only costs 89 bucks. Then again it is injection cast and not made from aluminum billet so I can't comment on how much stronger it'll be. Maybe Martin can chime in here.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442|Ducati&productID=4424&showDetail=1&categoryID=629|Clutch%20Covers&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The D

Well, since you asked; to my eye I guess you could say it "looks" like a D. But, it's not readily recognizeable as one. Maybe if it were smaller. But, the workmanship is good though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
nice work man. nice cheap way for a custom setup! i just sent my stock pressure plate out to the powder coater this week. cant see spending $150 on a aftermarket one just to watch it spin. i did order up new springs/caps for dress up and a speedymoto clutch cover for better strength than the stock cover though.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Nice! Goes to show ya that $150 bux or more isn't really worth it for a clutch cover...
That $150 billet speedymoto cover would be more than worth it if you lowslided and the cover actually saved the clutch posts..........With a modified cast cover and the same lowslide, I would almost guarantee clutch damage would occur........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts