Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd ordered a tail tidy from my dealer but it didn't arrive last Thursday when they said it would and weren't sure when it would be in.:mad:
So I made my own outta thin Ally checkerplate.:rolleyes:
All I need to do now is ditch the giant number plate(and the one in the pics has been cut down around the edges!!!!!:eek:)
With a normal wood saw ,I might add !!:abduct:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
An underside view,not perfect,but it works....:sleep:
and it's probably 20 times lighter than the previous scaffolding....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
465 Posts
An underside view,not perfect,but it works....:sleep:
and it's probably 20 times lighter than the previous scaffolding....:rolleyes:

Looks good. Spray it black and it'll look stock. Also those fake carbon signals are a little "cheap" looking for that bike don't you think.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also those fake carbon signals are a little "cheap" looking for that bike don't you think.
No,actually, I don't think they look as "cheap" as the stock ones:mad:
And the rear rubber hugger.............:crazy:
But thanks for your input,it has been duly filed......:eek:
Do you have one yet ?:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest,the indicators were the only ones they had that would pass the massive number plates they issue us with over here,and that was with a little modification also.:rolleyes:
I did try some led flashers in the tail unit but they were useless as they couldn't be seen from behind...:eek:
So this was the only alternative for the minute...;)
And I quite like the homemade look...I mean,isn't that what a StreetFighter is about???Individuallity????

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
haha he punked you

I like the underside shot really shows the effort you put into it. Oh and you cheated getting out the grinder!

Did you just start with a piece of diamond plate or something for the bracket?
PUNKED
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=punked

Just got some checker/diamond alluminium plate from B&Q(Home Depot to you'all)
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9284165&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=20&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB&fh_search=sheet+metal&fh_eds=ß&fh_refview=search&ts=1243575958987&isSearch=true

Marked out the top shape from the original hanger,allowed about 3/4" for the thickness of the original.I also drew on the indicator brackets ,cut out the shape and bent it in the vice,with a little help from a hammer to flatten down the edges.drilled the appropriate holes to fix to the bike and for the indicators.
Then I smoothed off the edges with a file and some wet and dry....
Very Simple really.:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts