Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
last night I picked up my awesome red 2010 SF with Termi exhaust (racing ECU and all) and I am just beyond myself with excitment. So far I like everything about it except for the right foot peg heat shield...
I didn't even know it but new Ducatis apparently come with one year service which makes the deal even sweeter.
This thing flies and it's definitelly a wheelie monster. I'd better get a hold of myself before I do something stupid but that's so hard to do :D
Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats.

Love the title of this thread.

Hopefully I will be able to make a post like yours in the very near future.
Until then I am doing lots of reading, looking at all the pictures and making vroom vroom noises as I am leaning in my chair.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
i thought only 2008 and 2009 models are eligible for 1 year free maintenance not 2010
I believe that's been extended to the 2010s...my 600 mile service was free and I'm sure my dealership would have made me pay unless Ducati was picking up the tab...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked my dealer specifically how much for the 600mi service and he said "nada", same for all service until 08/11/2010
Gotta love that

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats.

Love the title of this thread.

Hopefully I will be able to make a post like yours in the very near future.
Until then I am doing lots of reading, looking at all the pictures and making vroom vroom noises as I am leaning in my chair.
Thanks, hang in there buddy! I've been in pain for the past 2 weeks, I can relate.

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
depending on When you got your bike you MAY qualify for the free sevice for a year.
I happened to meet that service date and my first service along with the warranty stuff I had done was free. IF i can get my 7000 miles on the bike before next year,, I will get THAT service free TOO.
BOOM.
YEA

WHAT!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Do you know what the purchase date is that qualifies?

·
Registered
3 Posts
This program offered is for 12 months Zero-Cost Factory Scheduled Maintenance when you purchase any new, unused, street-legal MY 2008 and MY 2009 Ducati motorcycle retailed from June 4, 2009 through October 31, 2009. Offer valid only at participating Authorized Ducati Dealers in the United States and Canada. Visit www.ducatiusa.com for a complete list of participating Dealers. May not be combined with any other promotion offered by Ducati North America. Void where prohibited. This offer may be discontinued or extended without prior notice. Zero-Cost Factory Scheduled Maintenance offer valid only at participating Dealers for scheduled factory maintenance procedures for up to six months or 600 miles, whichever occurs first and twelve months or 7500 miles, whichever occurs first. No additional customer or dealer requested services are eligible. Zero-Cost Factory Scheduled Maintenance is non-transferable. Contact your participating Ducati dealer for details.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Had my 600 mile service done a week ago and was told that the SF do not qualify.

The program enables a Ducati owner to simply ride and enjoy their new bike. The offer includes the first year of regularly scheduled maintenance updates on 2008 and 2009 Ducati models. All a customer needs to do for qualification is purchase a new Ducati from a participating dealer between June 4 and August 31 2009, fill out the program enrollment form and start riding.

The program includes the 2 services that could be expected in the first 12 months. Please note that the offer applies to 2008 and 2009 model year Ducati’s only so the new Streetfigther is not eligible.

The Full Factory Support maintenance program covers the first two services as outlined in your owners manual and include:

Service 1: to be performed within 6 months of delivery date or 600 miles, whichever comes first.

Service 2: to be performed within 12 months of delivery date or 7,500 miles*, whichever comes first. To be eligible for the program, Service 2 service must be completed no later than 30 days within one year of the delivery date of your motorcycle.

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
I asked my dealer about that and he said it applyes only to the dealers that signed up for it of which, by the way he's not one of them. I don't mind tho, he does the first service for free on my bikes any way as a purchase thank you.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi all,
last night I picked up my awesome red 2010 SF with Termi exhaust (racing ECU and all) and I am just beyond myself with excitment. So far I like everything about it except for the right foot peg heat shield...
I didn't even know it but new Ducatis apparently come with one year service which makes the deal even sweeter.
This thing flies and it's definitelly a wheelie monster. I'd better get a hold of myself before I do something stupid but that's so hard to do :D
Cheers
Congrats, sounds like yours came with most of the bugs worked out. You can mod the heatshield and pegs and will be good to go. I wish I had free service on mine. Good luck and enjoy.:D

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
Had my 600 mile service done a week ago and was told that the SF do not qualify.

The program enables a Ducati owner to simply ride and enjoy their new bike. The offer includes the first year of regularly scheduled maintenance updates on 2008 and 2009 Ducati models. All a customer needs to do for qualification is purchase a new Ducati from a participating dealer between June 4 and August 31 2009, fill out the program enrollment form and start riding.

The program includes the 2 services that could be expected in the first 12 months. Please note that the offer applies to 2008 and 2009 model year Ducati’s only so the new Streetfigther is not eligible.

The Full Factory Support maintenance program covers the first two services as outlined in your owners manual and include:

Service 1: to be performed within 6 months of delivery date or 600 miles, whichever comes first.

Service 2: to be performed within 12 months of delivery date or 7,500 miles*, whichever comes first. To be eligible for the program, Service 2 service must be completed no later than 30 days within one year of the delivery date of your motorcycle.
We can all go on ALL day about how the Streetfighter is a 2010 bike, but as long as the DEALERS don't care.. I don't care what the ad says. They are honoring it for the streetfighter TOO.

·
Registered
337 Posts
We can all go on ALL day about how the Streetfighter is a 2010 bike, but as long as the DEALERS don't care.. I don't care what the ad says. They are honoring it for the streetfighter TOO.
Im not arguing, just want to get solid information re the free service because I paid for my own service and was repeatedly told that the SF does not qualify. Shame on them if they charge me for the service that is free.

Did your dealer give you the free service program acknowledgement form or the free service was just a courtesy or it was part of the deal? If you do get the form, would you mind sending me a copy via email? I really want to confirm from members if the SF qualifies because I would go back to the dealer, proof in hand and ask for my refund.

I have the free maintenance program for my 08 Hypermotard that I bought a week after the SF and the form have two check boxes for the year qualification i.e. 08 and 09.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
so what's the deal with that; your dealer put the termi kit on a new SF?
Pretty much I guess. I went in to ride their SF demo and they had this one base model bike with 3 miles on it and Termignoni system already installed. When I asked he said they put it on so people can see the option and the strategy definitelly worked on me because I said don't bother removing it 'cause I wanted it like NOW. I believe it added about $1k to the price of the bike.
I did ride the stock demo and mine is noticeably beefyer down low but not crazy wild until it hits about 45oo rpm, then I have to hang on. The dash displays "SF RACING" when turned on.
Just lucky I guess and I am stoked.
Cheers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts