Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
mike, i remembered to take some photos of the second biggest snap on screwdriver in situ.
Good idea to hold them down permanently. I use my largest blade screwdriver as a lever down the rockers with one hand and then use the other to fool with the shim and half rings. Your way looks easier. I have seen an allen wrench jammed in to hold down 2V rocker arms also.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have some punch looking things that i machined years ago using one that one of the other guys at moto had as a pattern for the 2v.
on the ds style heads i use a piece of aluminium tube 10mm or so od, often going in from the other wide if space allows.

then you turn the engine over to raise the piston and it holds the valves up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just did my valves on my 2V S2R 1000 and fitting the split rings on the horizontal exhaust side is a royal PITA! Only way I have found to do this is with two people, one compressing the closer spring the other fitting the split rings. While on the 996 4V everything is quite simple as shown here...

I hear of an Allen wrench technique here for the 2V, anyone have pictures of how this is done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
man that sounds like a nightmare. i don't get why people do that to themselves.

i knew i took a photo some time ago, and had a look in several places and couldn't find it, so just before giving up i clicked on a folder from 2017 sometime and there it was. magic.

it's a piece of aluminium tube, probably 10mm or so od. 6mm id anyway. works great for all sorts of spacers too, but in this instance, also great for holding ds rockers down.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
So if I understand this clearly, that aluminum tube is catching the edge of the closing fork and you are using it as a lever to keep it open. Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it's under the cam end of the closing rocker. push the valve down, slide in the tube, release valve.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts