Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 ST3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bart here. I'm a US expat living in the Netherlands (Eindhoven). I'm slowly bringing my family (wife, son and two dogs) around the globe back to Seattle, USA. Before Eindhoven we were living (3yrs) in Pune, India. Having abandoned my '09 XR1200 when we departed for India and then sold it when we moved to the Netherlands, I vowed to get another motor bike. Picked up a very nice 2004 ST3 with 34,000km (20k mi) yesterday. This is my first Ducati, but always wanted one. Instant love on the test ride. Rode 130km on Saturday and then 250km today. Amazing weather this weekend. Bike is super clean with factory side luggage. Had the brake foot lever modified so i can actually use it. The brake foot lever can be a bit elusive. Even with my size 12, I had a hard time negotiating the factory lever. Service tech used a foot-peg the same dia. as the lever tang, cut a section across the dia and then welded the peg onto the lever tang. See modification below. Operation is perfect. Looking forward to gobbling up the tarmac. Ride safe and stay healthy. #selfisolationducati

·
Registered
2004 ST3
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool mod on the brake lever Bart.
its night and day. i might shave 3/8th off as it appears to be 3x the length of the original tang. 2x might suffice as i was boot dragging through the roundabouts and thought if i went lower i could drag the peg.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts