Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also was stinking of petrol and fumes with my arrow pipes and decat. It wasn’t very pleasant as I smelled like a classics car from the 1950’s lol.
The UpMap won’t cure that I’m afraid as that was part of the reason I changed to the full termi system.
you’d be better off with the cat back on and leave your slip ons on to get rid of that stench.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I also was stinking of petrol and fumes with my arrow pipes and decat. It wasn’t very pleasant as I smelled like a classics car from the 1950’s lol.
The UpMap won’t cure that I’m afraid as that was part of the reason I changed to the full termi system.
you’d be better off with the cat back on and leave your slip ons on to get rid of that stench.
I wish Termignoni would make a full system with double underseat exhaust as I am not a big fan of single sided one and didn't cost a fortune.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish Termignoni would make a full system with double underseat exhaust as I am not a big fan of single sided one and didn't cost a fortune.
Why not try with the cat back on and your slip ons.
you've got nothing too lose other than 40 minutes doing the job.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have sc-project slip ons with sc-project decat and up map with dB killers. Until I get more time to ride it more I won’t know for sure . It feels smoother down low but felt to me like it lost some punch from the stock tune . Meaning below 2k rpms it feels softer. I haven’t had a chance to ride it much so I’m looking forward to more seat time . Has anyone else experienced this ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have sc-project slip ons with sc-project decat and up map with dB killers. Until I get more time to ride it more I won’t know for sure . It feels smoother down low but felt to me like it lost some punch from the stock tune . Meaning below 2k rpms it feels softer. I haven’t had a chance to ride it much so I’m looking forward to more seat time . Has anyone else experienced this ?
I feel like you get this feeling because it's smoother delivery from down low and you don't get that instant punch after 4k RPM. Still have to try it at top end.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I agree with you . For some reason I'm missing that surprise punch at 2k . I'll ride it this weekend to get more familiar with the differences

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am working towards a 950 Hypermotard, thinking base model. I currently own a '18 797+ Monster, and bought the Rexxer Evo User for it. I see with the Rexxer I can clear dash lights, check error codes, reset tps on other Ducatis, including the newer 950 Hypers. So I am thinking the UpMap T800, all of the Smart Moto bits, Arrow decat pipe, and keeping the stock cans. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I have the arrow decat with aftermarket exhaust (non-termi) and the bike is waaay too loud, i smell like gas all the time and it sounds more like there's no pipe at all. UPmap is due to arrive next week and I am hoping it solves some of the issues.
Have you had a chance to install the upmap yet?

I received mine and I can't get it to connect to Bluetooth. It pairs, but won't connect.

Did you have any issues with yours?

Dave

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Have you had a chance to install the upmap yet?

I received mine and I can't get it to connect to Bluetooth. It pairs, but won't connect.

Did you have any issues with yours?

Dave

I had no problem connecting upmap to my phone but I had problem opening up map store (probably because it didn't have Latvia in country list). I wrote them a ticket on the website and tried calling but the only thing that helped was messaging them on Instagram. They replied within a day and fixed the issue.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I had no problem connecting upmap to my phone but I had problem opening up map store (probably because it didn't have Latvia in country list). I wrote them a ticket on the website and tried calling but the only thing that helped was messaging them on Instagram. They replied within a day and fixed the issue.
Thanks for the reply. I initially could not log in as I didn't have the correct password. Once I fixed that, I cannot get the upmap to connect to Bluetooth so the store doesn't recognize ANY device and won't sell me a map.

I just did the latest firmware update a few minutes ago but still have the issue.

I'm starting to wonder if someone used this device and returned it to the store. Now it won't connect to my bike/phone.

I have a call into Motowheels, where I bought it, hopefully they give me some positive news on Monday.

Dave

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I initially could not log in as I didn't have the correct password. Once I fixed that, I cannot get the upmap to connect to Bluetooth so the store doesn't recognize ANY device and won't sell me a map.

I just did the latest firmware update a few minutes ago but still have the issue.

I'm starting to wonder if someone used this device and returned it to the store. Now it won't connect to my bike/phone.

I have a call into Motowheels, where I bought it, hopefully they give me some positive news on Monday.

Dave

OMG! The same thing happened to me. I didn’t buy mine from MotoWheels, but when I connected everything it said that it had already been registered to a bike.

I can’t begin to describe the challenge in getting the store to believe me but I ultimately did. I returned it, I was sent a new unit, and it immediately worked. I don’t know if someone in Italy is jerking around with these units, they are being returned and resold, or what.... Sorry to hear you are going through the same ordeal.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
OMG! The same thing happened to me. I didn’t buy mine from MotoWheels, but when I connected everything it said that it had already been registered to a bike.

I can’t begin to describe the challenge in getting the store to believe me but I ultimately did. I returned it, I was sent a new unit, and it immediately worked. I don’t know if someone in Italy is jerking around with these units, they are being returned and resold, or what.... Sorry to hear you are going through the same ordeal.
Mine hasn't said that it was already registered to another bike so maybe I have a different problem? Idk. I just know that it sucks that I have this after spending all of the money and can't use it yet.

Hopefully I don't have issues with Motowheels on getting it replaced/repaired. I'm sure that it's not their fault so I'm not angry at them. I left a message and it was pleasant, haha.

Dave

Reactions: youpaiyou

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Mine hasn't said that it was already registered to another bike so maybe I have a different problem? Idk. I just know that it sucks that I have this after spending all of the money and can't use it yet.

Hopefully I don't have issues with Motowheels on getting it replaced/repaired. I'm sure that it's not their fault so I'm not angry at them. I left a message and it was pleasant, haha.

Dave

motowheels is a reputable shop. I’m sure they’ll be able to help.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If you can try using an iPad to do it as I couldn’t get my phone to communicate with it at all. Tried the ipad and worked first time.
Just a thought for you

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you can try using an iPad to do it as I couldn’t get my phone to communicate with it at all. Tried the ipad and worked first time.
Just a thought for you
I have an android as does my wife. I tried both of them. My daughter has an iPhone and it didn't even come close to working on that. The iPhone couldn't even find it.

I think my laptop has Bluetooth, I'll try that next.

Thanks for the tip.

Dave

Reactions: Turnip

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have an android as does my wife. I tried both of them. My daughter has an iPhone and it didn't even come close to working on that. The iPhone couldn't even find it.

I think my laptop has Bluetooth, I'll try that next.

Thanks for the tip.

Dave

That’s a good idea to try. I was getting annoyed with it as I tried my wife’s phone and mine then the old ancient I pad came to the rescue.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Finally got it to work. It turned out to be an email/profile info issue and it connected right up after correcting it.

I have successfully downloaded the new map and all is well.

Dave

Reactions: youpaiyou

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Ok, after 2 weeks of riding and 1 trackday - it's definitely a lot better on the low RPMs, not much difference in the top end however I have noticed laggy upshifts using quickshifter. On the mids it shifts as before but on the top end there's a little drop/lag. Anyone else notice it?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts