Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone explain the difference or give advice which would work best? I've got HM950SP with Arrow decat and Zard slip-on.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rexxer is full tuning device. Maps can be edited, etc. Upmap is only over the shelf maps by Termi. Upmaps can not be edited. I am interested also in Rexxer. Waiting for call back from dealer in US. You would read the ECU and send to them or tuner and tell them what equip u have. Im hoping we could e-tune and do pulls on the street and send them logs.

Edit: I just found out that its basically the same as UpMap. No dyno involved. Map is read and sent to Rexxer and they send back map. I prefer dyno tune cause its more specific to my bike and area I live in. Just spoke to a dealer that performed the service and he said he doesnt do them anymore due to drivability issues. Thats why off the shelf maps suck. They are tuned to such a general tune to accommodate broad variables.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rexxer is full tuning device. Maps can be edited, etc. Upmap is only over the shelf maps by Termi. Upmaps can not be edited. I am interested also in Rexxer. Waiting for call back from dealer in US. You would read the ECU and send to them or tuner and tell them what equip u have. Im hoping we could e-tune and do pulls on the street and send them logs.

Edit: I just found out that its basically the same as UpMap. No dyno involved. Map is read and sent to Rexxer and they send back map. I prefer dyno tune cause its more specific to my bike and area I live in. Just spoke to a dealer that performed the service and he said he doesnt do them anymore due to drivability issues. Thats why off the shelf maps suck. They are tuned to such a general tune to accommodate broad variables.

My local Ducati guy has the hardware to be able to go into stock or upmap tune and make adjustments. He is just waiting for the OEM unlocked base maps. My wife will be the first 821SP that he does. Then my 950SP will go in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes a lot of guys has the hardware to tune the bikes without the Upmap or rexxer. But he cant modify upmaps. I highly doubt it. If he can and then he can put the file on ur phone or upmap then thats the way to go. Who is he? and what area?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes a lot of guys has the hardware to tune the bikes without the Upmap or rexxer. But he cant modify upmaps. I highly doubt it. If he can and then he can put the file on ur phone or upmap then thats the way to go. Who is he? and what area?
Maybe I am wrong with the UpMap tuning. Both of our bikes have the full Termi with upmap on them. Maybe he is just looking at what the map richens and builds off of a base map. Since he has not done it yet, I do not know specifics. Boulder Motor Sports (BMS) in Colorado.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can someone explain the difference or give advice which would work best? I've got HM950SP with Arrow decat and Zard slip-on.
I had the arrow decat and arrow slip ons on my 950 with the termignoni UpMap t800 installed, there are 4 maps to choose from and I chose the full system map without dB killers.
Before I installed it the bike was popping and banging quite badly plus there was a shit load of torque down low that then flattened out.
Once i installed the t800 map the bike was way better too ride and the Rev limit is also a bit higher for really ringing its neck.
I can recommend it. It’s also easy to install, takes about 20 minutes.
I have since ditched the arrow parts and added the full termignoni system which is lovely to hear. Reminds me of my dirt bikes more.

·
Registered
37 Posts
can the Dealer Void warranty?
I mean can the dealer see that the up map “ was “ used?
Funny you should say that but at this moment in time I’m struggling with my dealer with reference to a fault on my hypermotard as they are trying everything possible to get out of helping me with warranty work on my 8 month old bike and the upmap is what they keep throwing at me saying that when ignition turned on it says “racing”
Whereas when the dealer has sold you the exhaust, fitted it and downloaded their version of the termignoni map says “evo racing” when you power up.
Im getting really hacked off with it at the moment cos the bike hasn’t even made it in to a dealership yet to be diagnosed as they just keep throwing the UpMap crap at me.
I’ve been in contact with termignoni themselves who say the maps are the same and all that is different is the message when ignition on.
It’s a frustrating time for me at the moment as I believe they are doing their upmost to squirm out of helping me. I even offered to pay for the diagnosis but they are hiding behind this fragmented rubbish argument at the moment.
I’ve been checking my legal
Options today with a solicitor and also waiting for termignoni to give me a statement of fact.
So the long and short of it is if you do download it then be aware it may be beneficial to yourself to remove it for trips to dealer if you have a problem so that you don’t find yourself being fobbed off like myself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They have to prove that the upgrade or the aftermarket parts was the cause of the Failure in order to void the warranty. There’s a law I forget what it was called. As for the popping and banging my bike still does it after using the UpMap. I have the SC project exhaust with the SC project cat delete. Are useFailure in order to void the warranty. There’s a law I forget what it was called. As for the popping and banging my bike still does it after using the UpMap. I have the SC project exhaust with the SC project cat delete. No DB killer. I am currently using the full term I exhaust map without Db killer

·
Registered
131 Posts
They have to prove that the upgrade or the aftermarket parts was the cause of the Failure in order to void the warranty. There’s a law I forget what it was called. As for the popping and banging my bike still does it after using the UpMap. I have the SC project exhaust with the SC project cat delete. Are useFailure in order to void the warranty. There’s a law I forget what it was called. As for the popping and banging my bike still does it after using the UpMap. I have the SC project exhaust with the SC project cat delete. No DB killer. I am currently using the full term I exhaust map without Db killer
Its the Magnusson Moss act and its only applicable to residents in the United States. The nice fella above lives in the UK.

In reference to your setup. How is the fueling down low? Does the bike stutter and stumble or is it smooth? Any flat spots in the rev range?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I wish it worked like that here but unfortunately consumers have very little powers or support here as all that happens is the company says it’s ok and that’s it.
Then it falls on your shoulders to prove they are wrong which is by no means an easy task.
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Funny you should say that but at this moment in time I’m struggling with my dealer with reference to a fault on my hypermotard as they are trying everything possible to get out of helping me with warranty work on my 8 month old bike and the upmap is what they keep throwing at me saying that when ignition turned on it says “racing”
Whereas when the dealer has sold you the exhaust, fitted it and downloaded their version of the termignoni map says “evo racing” when you power up.
Im getting really hacked off with it at the moment cos the bike hasn’t even made it in to a dealership yet to be diagnosed as they just keep throwing the UpMap crap at me.
I’ve been in contact with termignoni themselves who say the maps are the same and all that is different is the message when ignition on.
It’s a frustrating time for me at the moment as I believe they are doing their upmost to squirm out of helping me. I even offered to pay for the diagnosis but they are hiding behind this fragmented rubbish argument at the moment.
I’ve been checking my legal
Options today with a solicitor and also waiting for termignoni to give me a statement of fact.
So the long and short of it is if you do download it then be aware it may be beneficial to yourself to remove it for trips to dealer if you have a problem so that you don’t find yourself being fobbed off like myself.
thats unfortunate bro .
when you upload the stock map back on,is the racing evo load screen is still showing ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the arrow decat with aftermarket exhaust (non-termi) and the bike is waaay too loud, i smell like gas all the time and it sounds more like there's no pipe at all. UPmap is due to arrive next week and I am hoping it solves some of the issues.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It absolutely will not solve the loudness part lol. Maybe the smelling like gas, but I didn't notice that pre or post upmap and I had the same setup as you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I cant imagine the sc project vs arrow would make any difference. They are almost the same thing, decats with a slightly different bend and metal composition. Shouldn't have a material change in your issues. Never heard of power weeks, sorry.

Your issue is two different things in my opinion. Loudness is solved by putting the cat back on or adding more restrictive db killers or a more restrictive slip on. The running rich the upmap in theory should fix since your ecu thinks there is a cat right now. But it will still be smellier, because there is still no cat lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the arrow decat with aftermarket exhaust (non-termi) and the bike is waaay too loud, i smell like gas all the time and it sounds more like there's no pipe at all. UPmap is due to arrive next week and I am hoping it solves some of the issues.
Can’t wait for the update, what exhaust are you running

1 - 20 of 39 Posts