Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

HM950 favorite upgrade/accessory?

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  robsong 
#1 ·
Curious to see what upgrade you've liked most. I've got some mirrors and a QS on the way, but so far only change has been Evotech tail tidy and some Termis.

One small change that made a huge difference was removing the strap from the seat. This was right under my tailbone whenever I moved back, and was pretty excruciating to sit on. Taking this off made a huge difference in comfort.

#3 ·
I just got a Corbin Seat. So far, only 100 miles on it but its magical. The stock seat on my 950 was ass breaking horrid. It was one of the worst seats ive ever had the displeasure of sitting on. Somehow, in all of its hard glory, the Corbin seat makes riding this thing feel like im sitting on a cloud.

#8 ·
Here we go guys:

I chose carbon fiber for the main portion of the seat. I went with white vinyl for the pillion portion and tomato red for the sides. I also chose a grey logo and red stitching.

Corbin will send you samples of EVERY material they have if you request it. Originally, I was unsure as to how "grippy" i would want the seat. I will say that it really doesnt matter all that much BUT the carbon fiber has a nice bit of grip to it while still allowing you to move around. The other main seat material that is REALLY nice is the "gripper" material that they have. If any of you have ever sat on the KTM performance seat for the SDR 1290, its the same material. Its almost like a soft, rubber granulate. The appearance is also very nice but I'm really happy with the carbon fiber.

Let me know if you guys want some other pics.

#15 ·
Rob, what are you looking for? How can I better describe the seat for you?

I thought I explained how the rear of the seat hugs you when you accelerate by keeping you tucked into the "Bucket" so to speak, ie the rear pillion seat. The sides are a shallow bowl that will cup your butt to an extent but still provide easy lateral movement if you want to shift your weight to get off of the bike. There is no hard crease on the sides that will cut into your or make it uncomfortable to hang off of the sides.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

#16 ·
Magsz your description was excellent and I read it several times . It was well written and very detailed . Nothing more needed. I own several Corbin seats on various bikes and it’s been a love / hate relationship . Some I have are perfect . Others seem like they are made for a taller guy with longer arms and inseam the way the seat keeps you back off the tank while still allowing lateral movement . And yes while Corbin has the ability to make seats according to ones reach and inseam, I think some seat designs work better for certain body types than others. My Concours 14 Corbin seat is extremely nice . Allows for great all around movement . But feels like it’s made for a taller guy because of the way it naturally keeps you back in a certain position . And I have tried other Concours 14 corbins made for guys my height. Same outcome. This Hyper seat doesn’t appear it would have that same characteristic. Also you wouldn’t think that the hypermotard 950 comfort seat would pitch you forward just by its appearance but mine does . It’s weird.
I did order the Corbin yesterday. Your descriptive write up helped a lot in my decision. I love this bike and I believe this seat to be one of the best improvements . I should have reached out to you in private that way a third party wouldn’t have assumed I didn’t read your description . That’s the thing with an open post that a lot of people read . Some read them and don’t know exactly where your coming from . Not meaning you.... Thanks for your concerns and ride safe. I’ll post pics of my seat when I get it .....

#17 ·
No worries buddy! I cant wait to see what you go with color and design wise. :)

I'm hoping that this seat goes in the category of love and not hate. I will say this again. The reviews of Corbin seats are ALL over the place. In my quest to find information about the Hyper 950 seat from them I basically came to the following conclusion:

There is NO consensus and seats are 100% subjective lol. Its a sad reality but I don't think that a seat can be universally designed to be loved. They can be designed to fit the 90% so to speak but the other 10% are left wanting.

I'm super excited for you to get your seat. I think we are pretty much the only internet going people with these seats so I cant wait to hear your impressions.

#21 · (Edited)
Finally got the seat in . Am I being overly particular in the fact that I’m not satisfied with how crooked the badging was sewn on ? Piping is in the wrong place but I’m gonna have it removed altogether. Would love everyone’s opinion . Love the seat but just seems like quality control is a thing of the past.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car
Vehicle Tire Bicycle saddle Automotive tire Bicycle part
Red Auto part Car Vehicle Leather
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car
Vehicle Supermoto Tire Rim Automotive tire
Vehicle Grass Scooter Automotive lighting Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive exterior Auto part

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.