Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a trip coming up where I'll be covering significant distance every day for the best part of a week. However, I find that any time I spend more than a couple of hours on board the seat gets pretty uncomfortable. I have the DP sports seat fitted - the original is even worse as the foam quickly collapses and my weight goes straight through to the seat base.
So I'm considering an Airhawk - can anyone please:
- Let me know if this worked for you?
- Which Airhawk model is the best for an HM1100?
- Has anyone got a better idea?

Thanks in advance all, any suggestions welcomed.

Spin

·
Registered
391 Posts
I am a big fan of my Airhawk 2. Anything over a tankful and I bring it along. You may find it better in conjunction with the stock seat but give it a try.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I have the airhawk 2 for my multi - use it for trips longer than a weekend. I have the medium which works well with the Multi (not sure about the hyper). It's important that it not be wider than the seat in the front or it'll just chafe your legs.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. It looks like the dual sport is the most suitable one for the Hyper.
Are they easy to secure firmly? - I don't want it sliding around when I'm pressing on.

·
Smut peddler
1,239 Posts
I originally bought one for my multi, but I also tried it on my hyper. I didn't like it on either, it doesn't feel planted, no matter the level of inflation. Im sure you're not going to be busting corners every mile, but it's an awkward feeling that I dint feel comfortable with. I understand what you're saying aboot the stock seat. It feels so cushy at first, but then really pushes on your pressure points. My two suggestions are as follows.

1-longterm, you will like the sargent comfort seat. I didn't at first,, because it's flat like a tractor seat, but after getting used to it, it's really comfy.

2- short term, get a good pair of cyclist shorts. I wear my Fox mountain biking shorts with thin padding on the butt and inner thighs under my jeans on long rides now. It has worked really well. You can't tell that they're on while walking around, but they save your ass (literally) on long rides.

Have a great ride!

Reactions: spinoli1

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
+1 on the Sargent seat I have used the DP Comfort seat the DP Racing seat
and a Sargent with piping, The best seat I have ever had on the Hyper hands
down is a (Sargent Seat w/o the piping). The piping can become a pain after
a long time in the seat and they look much better w/o it. I picked up a Sargent
Seat with a damaged cover for $90 and Sargent has a repair service they put
a new cover on it w/o the piping for $100. During the winter they run off season
repair specials. Pics are not my seat but mine looks the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
+1 on the cycling shorts.

I've tried the stock, Sargent, and now have the DP performance seat like you i think.
You are right the stock seat sucks.
Sargent is more comfy but the piping can start to dig into your bottom and i didn't like it for canyon carving as it pretty much locks you in one seating position.

The DP performance seat isn't bad for long trips - i'll wear these aerostitch shorts below and possibly use a sheepskin pad (both linked below)

I have these and love them! (Don't wear anything in b/w - just these then your motorcycle pants)
Aerostich Riding Shorts :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

Aerostich Sheepskin Saddle Pads :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

1 - 9 of 9 Posts